Back Market is hiring a
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).
Named one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact. We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.
Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
The Product Design & Research team at Back Market is passionate about informing and building interfaces with the user as our focus. We zoom out to see the bigger picture, but also understand the devil is in the details.
We do this because we want to make the world a better place. After all, our goal is to offer more than just an alternative avenue to buy tech products, we want to do e-commerce differently. <3
As part of our world-class team of content designers, you’ll work closely with product managers, designers, research, brand teams, and translators to explore the full user journey from end to end, making data-driven decisions, and keeping the user in focus.
You’ll craft meticulous content for a variety of UI surfaces and other essential user touch points such as FAQ articles. You’ll eat, sleep, and drink our self-made glossary, taking every opportunity to instruct others on the correct usage thereof around the wider organization. And of course, you’ll partake in general word nerdery with us on the reg.
Your Missions, if You Accept it:
- Craft compelling and delightfully written communication for various parts of our user experiences
- Collaborate with our existing content designers and writers to help with proofreading and editing all sorts of copy on deadline
- Keep the needs of an international audience in mind, working with stakeholders and our Localization Manager to ensure our approach is adaptable in 16+ languages
- Participate in research to understand our users’ challenges first-hand, and keep these learnings forever front-of-mind as you improve our experience
- Dig into quantitative and qualitative data to discover opportunities to improve product copy, messaging, and signposting so our experiences and offerings feel seamless and delightful
You’re at the Right Place, if:
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and like working with people from all types of competencies — from engineers and UX designers to marketeers and analysts
- You have academic training in UX writing, content design, or technical writing and/or professional work experience in these areas
- You have the ability to accept feedback gracefully and not take yourself too seriously
- You have experience working with a house glossary and style guide
- You can understand and adapt your writing to a brand tone of voice quickly
- English is a no-brainer. You must be able to write and speak at a native-level.
- Experience with product design tools is a plus, but not required (e.g. Figma)
About the Internship:
- Starting date is from July, 2023
- Duration: 6 months, full-time
- Location: Paris, France
- You must have an internship agreement provided by your current French school and have a valid student visa for France
- Video-call Interview with the Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Content design challenge to be completed at home
- Technical interview with the Hiring Manager (Melissa)
- Cultural fit interview with a member of the Content Design team (Charlotte)