lastminute is hiring a
EU - Remote
lastminute.com is the European Travel Tech leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. It operates a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, weg.de, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Our mission is to lead the travel industry by leveraging technology to simplify, personalise, and enhance our customers’ travel experience. Experts in brightening up online travel, we help our customers find and do "whatever makes them pink".
We continuously invest in talented people who ensure our offering is closer to the needs of the customers and keep us at the cutting edge of technology evolution. More than 1,700 employees spread across our offices worldwide develop our own products and services to power the entire traveller journey for millions of people".
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
lastminute.com N.V. is a publicly-traded company listed under the ticker symbol LMN on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
lastminute.com is looking for a UX Researcher for its Design team based in Spain, Portugal or Poland. You will be part of a diverse Research team and will work closely with Product Managers and designers to conduct research and analyse data to uncover insights and opportunities to improve our product and services. We want someone who is excited about learning more about the world of travel and eager to gain knowledge with the team.
- Work in a diverse team of UX Researchers with a Lead UX Researcher to guide you.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Product Designers to define the scope of your work and research opportunities from discovery to validation.
- Conduct UX Research activities from qualitative to quantitative, such as (but not limited to) in-depth interviews, usability testing, surveys, concept tests and workshops.
- As part of the UX Research team, you will have an active role in discussing and improving our research practice, processes and activities.
- Be co-responsible for sharing and maintaining our user research and insights repository.
- Empower non-researchers to be involved in UX Research activities, with your guidance and support.
- Build a strong relationship with other areas that deal with user data, such as data science and customer experience to leverage the knowledge we already have of our users and their behaviour.
- You have been working as a UX Researcher (or similar role) for at least 3 years.
- You are curious and passionate about investigating human behaviour.
- You thrive when talking to users - but know there is much more to it than just having a good conversation.
- You are a good communicator and know how to present your research findings in an engaging way to different audiences.
- You are capable of working independently and feel comfortable dealing with different stakeholders.
- You have experience working within a product team, dealing with Product Designers and Product Managers.
- You are comfortable working with multiple UX research methods, aiming at a mixed-methods approach. You know when to go for each method and when it is best to combine more than one.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English and feel confident doing interviews in English.
- You value diversity and are respectful of cultural differences and backgrounds.
- You are always eager to learn and improve your skills.
- You love to travel and feel that this is the place for you.
About the team
Our company is distributed across major European countries, in a multicultural environment where the Pink spirit gets lived boldly 🦩 through async comms and live remote events, as well as hybrid office gatherings.
Information sharing is crucial and, being a pure digital player, product management is at the heart of our business.
If you think we’re a fit and that we could have fun together, please let us know by applying for the position.
What we offer
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning
- Get focus time for learning, development and deep work on Friday mornings
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Get free snacks / fruit / hot drinks / water / beverages at our offices