Workiva is hiring a
UX Research Intern
USA - Remote
When can you expect to hear back?
We like to attend all career fairs and recruitment events before closing our positions. That means, this position may be open without response for a couple of weeks to give us time to wrap up the recruitment season. Please see our tentative timeline below so you know when to expect to hear back from us!
- All postings close: September 24, 2023 at 11:59 CT
- Interviews: Early October
- Offers: By end of October
2024 Start Dates:
This position has opportunities to start in the Spring. Please see our start dates below.
- Spring Internships: Monday, January 8, 2024
- 20/hours per week max (flexible around your class schedule)
The UX Research Intern will support researchers in conducting qualitative and quantitative research that covers the breadth of customer experiences. This role will help collect evidence and insights will be used to proactively solve feature-level problems.
- Support and may start to conduct research throughout the product development process from concept to release, leveraging methods such as usability testing, online experiments, interviews, surveys, observation, and other techniques to understand users
- Assist researchers in organizing, analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data to surface key insights and findings
- Help researchers craft needed materials for research activities, such as research plans, moderator’s guides, surveys, and workshop templates that align methods and scope with needs and constraints
- Assist researchers in collaborating with User Experience Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to discover and prioritize user experience opportunities with new and existing products
What You'll Need
- Progress toward BA/BS or higher in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or related discipline (or relevant experience)
- Skilled in one or more relevant user research methods is a plus
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods is a plus
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
Salary range in the US:
- $28.00 - $28.00
- 401(k) participation and match
- Paid sick leave
- A unique opportunity to further your learning experience through additional internship seasons
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.