King is hiring a
Are you someone that puts the user first and enjoys collaborating with different team members? We're looking for a UX Designer for the Candy Crush Soda Saga team to join us and leverage their design experience and UX knowledge to create an amazing player experience. Are you excited to grow your skills in the games industry and collaborate with your team to help improve design processes and work with product stakeholders? If you feel this is you, then we'd love for you to apply!
Your role within the Kingdom
If you are passionate about meaningfully contributing to creating immersive, intuitive user experiences and delighting millions of players, then this is the ideal role for you.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Collaborate with product stakeholders (PMs, Producers and Creative crafts) to create and uphold the UX vision for the game and use data to strategically shape feature improvements.
- Actively creating and participating in product discovery stages and processes from ideation, validation through to design and production readiness.
- Partner with product stakeholders and understand how to use data to help guide product improvements
- Embracing a healthy feedback culture; we encourage our UX designers to give and receive constructive feedback as we strive to make even better products together.
- Being a strong voice for the player and representing the players’ needs through analysis, empathy and balancing them with our business needs.
- Being able to articulate design decisions to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Effectively analyzing data from user research projects and being able to distinguish between being data- driven and data- informed.
- Occasionally providing support to UX Researchers by leading and conducting qualitative studies that contribute to a better understanding of our players.
- Advocating for HCI (Human Computer Interaction) principles and ensuring design proposals demonstrate these principles.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Self driven and with a growth mindset.
- Experience in Visual Communication and Prototyping.
- You widely make use of the principles of HCI, Interaction Design and Information Architecture.
- Designing for Accessibility and Inclusion.
- Advocate for Design Thinking.
- Knowledge and expertise with Design Systems.
- Relevant Associate or Mid level experience as a UX Designer. Please keep an eye out for Associate level roles if you only have graduate or internship experience.
- Experience working in Figma.
- Experience conducting qualitative research.
- Familiarity with Agile software development and its processes.
- Mobile game development experience.
- Experience working in the game industry
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.