Workiva is hiring a
UX Design Intern
USA - Remote
When can you expect to hear back?
We like to attend all career fairs and recruitment events before closing our positions. That means, this position may be open without response for a couple of weeks to give us time to wrap up the recruitment season. Please see our tentative timeline below so you know when to expect to hear back from us!
- All postings close: September 24, 2023 at 11:59 CT
- Interviews: Early October
- Offers: By end of October
2024 Start Dates:
This position has opportunities to start in the Spring. Please see our start dates below.
Spring Internships: Monday, January 8, 2024
20/hours per week max (flexible around your class schedule)
The User Experience Design Intern supports the Research and Development team to enhance the enterprise platform products. This person works closely with the User Experience team to enhance navigation flow, layout, and creation of individual design patterns.
- Create concepts with wireframes, produce high-fidelity mockups or prototypes, write detailed documentation, and critically assess design.
- Work across teams to ensure concepts meet business, brand, and project goals.
- Enhance and improve upon existing UI patterns in current design system.
- Experience the collaborative and creative processes as they exist in a software environment.
- Assist the team with other user experience projects.
What You'll Need
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proficient with visual design tools like Adobe Creative Suite
- Portfolio showing work is required
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program, preferably in User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Visual Design, Interaction Design, or related program.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- 401(k) participation and match
- Paid sick leave
- A unique opportunity to further your learning experience through additional internship seasons
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.