Wealthfront is hiring a
USA - Remote
Why we’re searching for a Senior User Researcher.
At Wealthfront, we’re on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. Achieving this monumental mission requires us to deeply understand our current and future clients, as they save and invest with us. Financial technology involves some of the most complex research questions in our field, pertaining to areas like trust, motivation, and elaborate decision-making processes. This is why we’re looking for an incredible researcher to join us!
What do we offer you?
As a Senior User Researcher at Wealthfront, you’ll immediately take on meaningful, client-facing research projects that will have a lasting impact on the product experience and our business. You’ll have end-to-end ownership of the research process, from designing studies to delivering insights, all while collaborating with other researchers and cross-functionally with best-in-class product managers, designers, content strategists and more. And, you’ll join a talented team of Wealthfront researchers where you’ll get ample opportunities for leadership and mentorship.
If you join us, you will:
- Lead impactful, meaningful end-to-end research projects, across Wealthfront’s products, and the entire client journey.
- Partner with cross-functional teammates from design, product, data science, marketing, and engineering to identify, plan, and execute tactical and foundational research.
- Represent our current and potential clients’ experiences by conveying insights in crisp, clear, and actionable ways.
- Help our team continuously identify and learn about current and potential opportunities to better serve our clients, inspire product strategy, and encourage design iteration.
- Experiment with innovative ways to shed new light on client experiences to help inform business decisions.
- Participate in all product team and design team activities, mentor team members, and champion the team’s work across Wealthfront.
- Learn about financial technology, investing, research, design, and so much more!
Relevant experience and mindset we’d like to see:
- You have a graduate degree in Anthropology, Behavioral Economics, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Sociology, (or similar).
- 3+ years of industry experience in UX research roles.
- You are curious and a quick learner.
- You’re driven by a passion to build user-focused products that solve critical problems.
- You have deep knowledge and plenty of practical experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- You’re experienced in running complex, end-to-end research projects that help define best practices, fill in the gaps in research knowledge, and drive initiatives forward.
- You’re able to communicate effectively and in a compelling way.
- You’re able to quickly tailor and design effective, appropriate research approaches within constraints.
- You have a collaborative mindset, with experience working across disciplines and with multiple stakeholders.
- You’re self-directed towards excellent outcomes.
- A passion for financial technology, financial planning, and investing.
- A desire to help develop excellence in UX research, push the team into new territories, and empower the entire organization to understand their users better than ever before.
Estimated annual salary range: $115,000 - $140,000 USD plus Equity.
Plus benefits include medical, vision, dental, 401K plan, generous time off, parental leave, wellness reimbursements, professional development, employee investing discount, and more!