Rightmove is hiring a
Be part of a new era for Rightmove, as our Experience Design (XD) team expands to meet and exceed the expectations of our millions of users. Our User Researchers are responsible for developing a deep shared understanding of our users, contributing to the development of Product strategy. You’ll be working across 5+ product teams who deliver our consumer web and app experience for anyone moving home in the UK. These are the experiences that make us the UK’s number 1 property website.
The User Researcher role sits within the XD horizontal team alongside specialists in UX Design, UX Copywriting and Service Design. You’ll be a hands-on individual contributor and a collaborative team player within the Experience Design team. You’re comfortable working on undefined problem spaces across multiple projects. And you’ll have a portfolio which demonstrates your experience applying a variety of qualitative research methodologies in the context of user experience.
You’re passionate to learn and grow, proactively seeking the support you need to define and achieve your objectives and personal development goals. This role is based two days a week from our Soho London office, with occasional visits required to the Milton Keynes office. This role reports to the Service Design Manager.
- Establish and build upon existing relationships between XD peers and Product Owners, Market Researchers and anyone else conducting research in the company. Build trust to influence and inform the development of product strategy and roadmaps to raise the bar of usability, accessibility and inclusive design at Rightmove.
- Analyse our repository of qualitative insights to build out a Jobs To Be Done or similar framework which will define a language for Rightmovers to talk about our users' needs and pain points. Co-ordinate knowledge sharing between XD, Product Development, Marketing and other internal teams to ensure transparency and alignment on language.
- Supporting Lead Product Designers, Product Designers and other disciplines to conduct evaluative research, understanding user’s needs and support them to produce an overall research plan that optimally fits user feedback into the product development process. Skilfully challenge assumptions and influence design direction to reach a consensus which aligns with the product strategy.
- Initiate and undertake product domain user research which addresses long term research goals for your domain. Autonomously identify and prioritise tactical and strategic tasks across multiple workstreams to manage your workload.
- Demonstrate strong analysis, synthesis, and communication skills. Take ownership to deliver succinct and regular synthesis of insights from available sources of data across the business in a reusable and accessible format. Take the time to involve peers in your research process, meeting peers where they’re at in their level of understanding.
- Act as a role model to demonstrate best practice, contextualise problems and frame solutions. Create and evolve research templates, repository, and research operations in Experience Design. Lead by example to translate insights into actionable takeaways and new ways of working.
- Guide, mentor and support other researchers and non-researchers in your Product domain. Provide training and coaching to non-researchers to empower them to conduct product specific research with greater care and attention to research methodology.
We care much more about the person you are, how you think and approach things, than a list of qualifications and buzzwords on a CV. Even if you can’t say ‘yes’ to all of the above, but you’re self-motivated and passionate about delivering great services, then get in touch.
The 'did you knows?'
- We now have over 700 employees across the UK.
- Over 19,000 customers use our services to sell and let properties.
- Our consumer website and apps get between 1 and 2 billion page views a month.
- Our Customer Experience team is 100+ strong and handled more than 200,000 tickets in 2022 from consumers and customers.