Lendable is hiring a
Lendable is on a mission to make consumer finance amazing: faster, cheaper and friendlier.
We’re building one of the world’s leading fintech companies and are off to a strong start:
- One of the UK’s newest unicorns with a team of >250 people
- Among the top 10 fastest-growing tech companies in the UK
- Profitable since 2017
- Backed by top investors including Balderton
- Capital and Goldman Sachs and most recently OTPP (Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan) in 2022
- Loved by customers with the best reviews in the market (4.9/5 across 10,000s of reviews)
So far, we’ve rebuilt the Big Three consumer finance products from scratch: loans, credit cards and car finance. We get money into our customers’ hands in minutes instead of days.
We’re growing fast, and there’s a lot more to do: we’re going after the two biggest Western markets (UK and US) where trillions are held by big banks with dated systems and painful processes. We launched our loans product in the US in 2022 with more product launches to follow this year!
Join us if you want to
- Take ownership across a broad remit. You are trusted to make decisions that drive a material impact on the direction and success of Lendable from day 1.
- Work in small teams of exceptional people who are relentlessly resourceful to solve problems and find smarter solutions than the status quo.
- Build the best technology in-house, using new data sources, machine learning, and AI to make machines do the heavy lifting
The role in A Nutshell
We’re looking for an experienced, smart and analytical person to be our designated user researcher across geographies. You will report to Giulia (Group Product Manager) and will take day-to-day ownership of user research.
You will be working alongside designers and PMs to understand our users' needs, behaviours and preferences to continuously improve our products’ design and functionality. Your primary responsibility will be to gather qualitative and quantitative data through various research methods to gain insights into user experiences, pain points, and opportunities for innovation.
It will be your job to inform what new features we should test next, but also how these features should be introduced to customers.
- 3+ years of user research experience (ideally in the finance sector)
- User Research Planning: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and engineers, to identify research goals, objectives, and research questions. Develop research plans and methodologies that align with business objectives and timelines, continuously leverage AI more and more in the planning process
- Research Methodologies: Conduct a range of research activities, such as user interviews, contextual inquiries, usability testing, surveys, and competitive analysis. Determine the most appropriate research methods based on project requirements and constraints.
- Participant Recruitment: Recruit participants for research studies, ensuring diverse representation across different user segments. Manage relationships with external recruitment agencies if necessary.
- Data Collection: Facilitate research sessions, both in-person and remote, and collect qualitative and quantitative data. Use tools like screen recording software, survey platforms, and user testing platforms to capture user interactions and feedback.
- Data Analysis: Analyze research data and extract meaningful insights. Synthesize qualitative and quantitative findings into actionable recommendations for product and design teams. Use analytical techniques such as affinity mapping, thematic analysis, and statistical analysis to derive insights.
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare clear and concise research reports, presentations, and documentation that effectively communicate research findings, insights, and recommendations to stakeholders. Create personas, journey maps, and other artefacts to represent user insights visually.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to ensure research insights are incorporated into product development processes. Present research findings to stakeholders, advocating for user-centred design decisions and promoting a deep understanding of user needs.
- Industry and User Trends: Stay updated with the latest trends, innovations, and emerging technologies in the fintech industry. Continuously monitor user behaviours and market dynamics to identify opportunities for product enhancements or new product development.
- Ethical Considerations: Adhere to ethical guidelines and protect user privacy and confidentiality throughout the research process. Obtain informed consent from participants and ensure compliance with relevant data protection regulations.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute to the development and improvement of user research processes, methodologies, and tools within the organization. Share knowledge and best practices with other researchers and contribute to a culture of user-centred design.
- A quick video call with one of the team
- A take-home task to complete in your own time
- Onsite or Video Interview with Giulia (Group Product Manager)
Life at Lendable (also check out our Glassdoor page)
- The opportunity to scale up one of the world’s most successful fintech companies.
- You can work from home every Monday and Friday if you wish - on the other days, we all come together IRL to be together, build and exchange ideas.
- Our in-house chef prepares fresh, healthy lunches in the office every Tuesday-Thursday
- We care for our Lendies’ well-being both physically and mentally, so we offer the highest coverage when it comes to private health insurance
- We organise an annual trip with the whole company, to celebrate our milestones and reflect on our achievements.
- We're an equal-opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable the most inclusive and open workspace in London