Study is hiring a
Our mission is to make education accessible, and we’ve dedicated the last two decades to becoming the leading online education platform for over 30 million learners and educators every month, Study.com is recognized as one of the most transformational companies in EdTech. Students and educators in over 9,000 school districts use Study.com’s and across our college programs we have saved students over $200M in tuition. Additionally, as part of our mission we’ve donated $25 million in-kind value across social impact programs to learners and educators.
The User Experience Researcher will play a critical role in enhancing the user experience of Study.com by conducting research and providing valuable insights to inform our design and product decisions. In this role, you will support different stages of the research process, such as planning, recruitment, observing, data analysis, and sharing insights. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, curious, and motivated.
- Collaborate closely with the Lead User Experience Researcher, designers, and product managers to identify research objectives and develop research plans
- Own research responsibilities on specific initiatives and support research projects from beginning to end (defining study goals, constructing a research plan, recruiting, gathering data, synthesizing learnings, and socializing insights)
- Support research operations by managing participant recruiting, scheduling, and communication
- Partner with UX designers to test low or high-fidelity prototypes
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to integrate user research findings into product development processes.
- Maintain user research protocols, tools, and resources to streamline the research process and ensure consistency across studies.
- Moderate 1:1 interview with participants, ensuring a comfortable and engaging environment
- Drive impact by synthesizing research findings into practical insights and recommendations to help stakeholders make decisions
- 1-3 years of experience in user experience research or consumer insights, with a focus on consumer-facing or tech products (Ed Tech would be a plus)
- Familiarity with various UX research methodologies and the fundamental of research is required
- Experience with remote testing/survey tools (UserZoom, UserTesting, Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, etc.)
- Proficient in designing, writing, and programming basic surveys and questionnaires
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and marketers
- Strong ability to work independently, be proactive and manage one’s time
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Background in education, learning, or tutoring would be a plus but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, design, UX, behavioral science, HCI, or psychology preferred
This role is a remote contract role with a suggested rate of $35 - $45 per hour. Study is in the pacific time zone and the expectation is that the contractor for this role will be available and will work our normal business hours of 9am – 5pm PST