Space Ape Games is hiring a
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. We launched our successful music game, Beatstar , in 2021, and are expanding on our music franchise within the business! We’re preparing to globally launch our new creative puzzle game, Chrome Valley Customs , this year! And we also have some exciting projects we're working on behind the scenes!
At Space Ape, we are focused on building world-class player experiences. Our games are fun, fresh and brimming with personality, so we want to share them with everyone. This means our players are always at the core of our design process.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, driven, UI/UX designer who is ready to take their career to the next level. You will be working alongside experienced, award winning designers and developers within game teams to support the production of world-class interfaces and user experiences for Chrome Valley Customs! The ideal candidate will have experience creating high quality, visually appealing, user friendly interfaces for video games. They will have a talent for problem-solving and critical thinking, have excellent communication skills, a strong visual aesthetic, be highly creative and have a hunger to learn and grow.
- Work closely with senior UI/UX designers and our game development teams to facilitate the design and development of UX/UI through each stage of the development process
- Work with designers to translate game design into simple, coherent user flows for game features and functionality
- Create wireframe mockups and interactive prototypes to evaluate interface and flow designs
- Help drive and expand the creation of world-class brands and visual directions through the exploration and development of signature art styles
- Create high-fidelity mock-ups and game-ready assets for interface designs and elements
- Support the implementation of interfaces and assets to achieve outstanding visual quality and user experience in software
- 1+ years of experience creating user interfaces and artwork for video games or mobile applications
- Strong visual design skills with regard to colour theory, layout and typography
- A portfolio demonstrating a solid appreciation of UI/UX design - please include links to your work
- Experience in creating user flows, wireframes and mock-ups
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma or equivalent visual design and wireframing tools
- Ability to learn new tools and techniques proficiently
- Ability to present your designs and communicate your solutions to various stakeholders with appropriate levels of detail
- Up-to-date with the latest UI/UX trends, techniques, technologies
- Strong desire to expand your knowledge and grow your UI/UX skill set
- Comfortable taking and giving constructive feedback
- Passion for games & mobile gaming
- Experience with development in a game engine, ideally Unity
- Experience working autonomously and proactively
- Experience designing for iOS, Android, or other mobile platforms
- Experience with UI animation, creating transitions and VFX
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that has been crowned one of the best places to work, for the last 5 years in a row!
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 5* Glassdoor rating
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched five games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
Our studio is currently 120 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.