Madbox is hiring a
Madbox is a mobile gaming company, creating and publishing its own games worldwide. Since 2018 Madbox has gathered more than 300 million players, still growing. We are looking for top talents with mad skills, a mad passion and a mad ambition to join us.
Everything has been made for teams to take as much ownership as possible, unleash their creativity, bring performance, and have as much fun as possible.
In July 2022, we launched our Pocket Champs game worldwide which quickly became one of the top-grossing games in its category.
The team puts a lot of effort into crafting innovative features for the game to evolve, and a lot of it is about UI and UX. New challenges are ahead of us with new exciting steps for the game such as improvement in the progression or upcoming social features!
This is where you come in: take this UI/UX Designer position over and be a driving force of this new Chapter! 🔥
Your journey at Madbox as a UI/UX Designer :
- Start by immersing yourself in the world of Pocket Champs. Become more familiar with the game, the art direction, the user experience flow, and the tools we use.
- Meet the entire team & work closely with the game artists and designers.
- Take an active part in the daily standup meetings to inform on your progress and present your ideas.
- Assist in shaping the fresh perspective for the player experience in our upcoming feature on Pocket Champs.
- Learn from our past successes and failures to build the game of tomorrow.
- Move to the design path and create wireframes, prototypes and mockups for the next features.
What will we expect from you?
- Design, create, and improve UI elements suited for our mobile games.
- Work closely with designers to translate features into wireframes & prototypes.
- Work together with the Art Director to develop an accessible and modern UI.
- Game maker mindset: take the game design into account, start from an intention, and find creative solutions.
- Implementation in Unity, and ability to do some optimization & motion design (animations).
- Get involved with other Madbox teams to support on other topics if need be.
- Be proactive as well as a reliable team player.
Madbox is the right place for you if you
- Are passionate about mobile casual free-to-play video games.
- Have at least 2 to 3 years of experience as UI/UX Designer within the (mobile) gaming industry
- Have experience with Unity, Figma, or Adobe XD.
- Have great graphic design fundamentals (color theory, grid system, composition, motion design, and interactivity).
- Are a team player who is proactive in helping out in other fields of art.
- Want to have a strong impact in an ownership-based culture.
- Have a good ability to communicate in English.
- A call with the hiring manager & a senior UI/UX Designer
- Meet someone from the leadership team
- A home assignment
- A review of the test with the the hiring manager & the senior UI/UX Designer
- A call with a founder
All our offers are extended within 48 hours maximum
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation : our compensation grid is regularly reviewed based on the evolution on the market to ensure everyone at Madbox is fairly compensated and receives frequent updates.
- Hybrid remote policy: 3 days on site minimum per week + 15 additional working days fully remote per year
- CWS : Culture, Wellness & Sport, is a budget Madbox dedicated to each employee for them to self develop and take care of themselves
- Holidays : hyper-flexible 30 days off policy (take it when you need it)
- Health of Our Madboxers is Essential: Alan Health Insurance (75% covered by Madbox)
- Lunch coupons: Take advantage of the Swile card (60% covered by Madbox)
- Transport Fees : 50% covered by Madbox
- Amazing Offices: Come and explore our offices in the heart of Paris ! From taking a nap in our “jungle” to playing instruments with our Madband or enjoying our terrace with a view on Notre-Dame and the Eiffel tower ☀️
- Home office Expenses bonus
- Team Macbook or Team PC? 🖥 We provide all the necessary equipment
- English Lessons : as our main langage in both studios is English, you can enjoy group lessons with your peers thanks to our private teacher
- Madgen : yearly company event