Databento is hiring a
USA - Remote
Data is one of the fastest growing segments within fintech, but the incumbent financial data providers are still stuck in the past, with cumbersome onboarding processes, APIs that are difficult to integrate, slow infrastructure, and expensive licensing costs.
At Databento, we are building the next generation data platform to power the world's largest institutions - starting with the radical idea that you should only pay for market data on a metered, pay-as-you-go basis.
Since starting in 2019, we've raised over $27.8M in funding and have over 2,000 companies signed up prelaunch. Our team brings years of experience running high-frequency trading desks, and includes alumni from large firms such as Two Sigma, Google, Microsoft and Bloomberg. We provide full health and dental benefits, 401(k) matching, visa sponsorships and support both full remote and on-site work.
As a UI/UX Designer, you'll be working closely with our product and engineering teams to design an enterprise web application and intuitive interfaces for features found in online marketplaces, data analytics, and dashboards. You'll be:
- Owning the user testing and feedback cycle: plan and conduct user research/interviews (when needed); design based on the results; deliver user story mapping, wireframes and on-brand high-definition visual designs in an Agile product development process.
- Working closely with our design team to converge on design solutions, UI/UX improvements, and new feature crafting.
- Working with engineers to bridge the gap between design and technical implementation (i.e. providing additional screen states, communicating the user flow and assisting with any miscellaneous requests).
- Provide leadership with cross-team engagements for UI/UX design capability by conceptualizing and creating large-scale digital experiences and applications. Possess a strong ability to iterate, and present options to stakeholders.
- Motivating design-oriented decisions firm-wide.
We're looking for
- 2+ years of experience as a UI/UX Designer or an Interaction Designer, preferably including technical products for both technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to define visual actions (screen transitions & animations, micro-interactions).
- Experience performing user research, user story mapping and presenting results.
- Critical eye for detail to iterate effectively on design improvements.
- Experience creating user-centered design, web app design principles and the value of user feedback/user testing.
- Experience collaborating with designers, developers, and engineers to create intuitive, user-friendly software that excites you.
- Expert knowledge of Design tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Understanding of color theory, typography, interaction design, motion principles and digital product design.
- A strong portfolio showcasing a broad range of UX/UI and IXD. Web app focus is a plus.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a design or technical field, such as Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, or Design.
- Industry knowledge in web applications used in financial institutions (such as Bloomberg, Factset or Eikon) or web API products (such as Stripe, Twilio, Plaid, Segment, Algolia or Agora).
- Product management experience.
- Experience collaborating between different teams (engineering, product, business).
- Bilingual in two of the following languages: English, Mandarin, Russian.
- Adaptiveness and sense of initiative suited for a fast-paced startup.
Please include a sample portfolio or website in your application, if possible.
Our recruiting data suggests that underrepresented applicants often downplay their skills. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed, we still want to hear from you. Please apply!