Pagoda is hiring a
Staff UX Researcher
Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
About The Role
The Product team uses creativity, insights, and operational excellence to steer our product vision across Pagoda and the NEAR Ecosystem. This team of designers, open source advocates, and product managers work in a highly collaborative environment to build the products and experiences that bring our community together in new and special ways.
We're looking for a Staff User Researcher to help us improve user research processes to identify unique user needs and behaviors that drive the team to create innovative social, commerce, and messaging experiences. Working closely with the Design, Product Management, and Open Source teams, you will help craft and carry out research that uncovers insights and opportunities for product development and emerging technologies.
What You'll Be Doing
- Proactively identify research needs by partnering closely with product managers, designers, engineering, and open source projects.
- Build comprehensive research plans for consumer products, using variable research methods
- Be responsible for the end-to-end research process including defining, recruiting, moderating, synthesizing, and reporting to the entire organization for learning
- Work on conceptual ideas in addition to existing products
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative findings and articulate actionable product and design insights to partners
- Be a strong advocate for the user—evangelize user-centered design practices and the importance of usability within the development groups, our company, and other cross-functional organizations
- Be a part of fast-paced and impactful team
What We're Looking For
- Solid understanding of UX Research methods with the ability to articulate study design to stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Facilitating in a complex ecosystem structure
- Bachelor's degree in design, HCI, Psychology, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, or related field or equivalent years of experience is a must
- Ideally 3+ years of experience conducting UX Research for product and design teams
We'd Love If You Have
- Advanced degree in Human Factors, HCI, cognitive psychology, or related area is a plus
- Experience leading international research
- Experience leading growth research
- Experience designing both qualitative and quantitative research studies, analyzing results and creating reports with impactful product and design insights
- Understanding of Web3
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Portfolio Review/Research Presentation (60 mins)
- Team Interviews (3x 30 mins)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, you’ll ideally be located in North America or Europe.
The base salary range for this role is $170,000 - $200,000. This reflects the minimum and maximum range across all US locations. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, we do have other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2022 was in Lisbon!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda