Workiva is hiring a
Staff UX Designer
USA - Remote
As a Staff User Experience (UX) Designer for our Frameworks Tier, you will work on platform-wide initiatives and technology that drive various products and solutions Workiva creates.
In the Staff User Experience (UX) Designer role for our Frameworks Tier, you will work on platform-wide initiatives and technology that drive various products and solutions Workiva creates.
As the Staff User Experience (UX) Designer you will drive the user experience across a defined area of the Workiva platform, taking lead on high-impact challenges that ultimately delight our customers. You are exceptional in leading product discovery with your team, transforming ill-defined opportunities into innovative experiences that solve deeper user needs. You will be responsible for coordinating the work of other UX designers and other Product Managers as it relates to your product area, making critical group-level design decisions. You are well-versed in effectively communicating the vision across teams and with upper management to execute and ensure efficient, effective, and aligned product goals.
What You'll Do
- Ensure intuitive user experiences across a defined product area, driving innovation, and delighting customers
- Partner with research to lead customer interviews and testing to synthesize into design constraints and ideas
- Facilitate empathy building activities, ideation, and design critique. Look past obvious solutions to solve deeper problems
- Craft vision and evangelize to stakeholders
- Prototyping and testing are core to your design process, iteratively progressing toward the desired business and user outcomes
- Drive planning for cross-product, multi-team, multi-designer projects.
- Proactively partner with engineering across multiple product areas to drive product quality
- Ensure success metrics are defined and revisited after deployment in order to iterate on delivered solutions
- Coach and mentor other designers
What You'll Need
- Requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 4 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 2 years of experience
- Experience leading alongside engineering and product management in a Lean UX / Agile software development environment
- Passion for making high-quality, user-centered products and a demonstrable portfolio to prove it
- Experience directing and mentoring other designers
- Related fields include Design, Human Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Software Engineering, Psychology, and Technical Communication
- Travel is expected up to 25% to participate in to participate in customer research or collaborate in other office locations (depending on project assignment)
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
Salary range in the US:
$120,000.00 - $204,000.00
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- 401(k) match and comprehensive employee benefits package
The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this job in the US. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and other relevant factors.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.