Wise is hiring a
Staff Product Designer
At Wise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives. We’re at a genuinely exciting time when building more transparent and convenient ways to pay and get paid have never been more important in achieving that mission.
We’re looking for a Staff Product Designer to join our design team in London. You’ll be part of a squad that’s set out to help millions of people and businesses around the world to get paid — in any currency, wherever they are, with any payment method.
Whether they’re receiving a gift from granny, or tens of millions from a big client. You’ll help make it instant, convenient, and eventually free.
What you’ll be doing?
- You’ll be helping to drive the design strategy and direction within the ‘Receive’ squad, shaping current and future work towards a north star.
- You’ll set a high bar for design excellence. You’ll ensure outstanding product experiences, leading by example to produce high-quality work no matter how big or small the task may be.
- You’ll use the full range of Product Design skills to discover, design and deliver simple, beautifully-crafted experiences that customers love.
- You’ll collaborate across multiple teams and solve complex problems with cross-functional partners.
- You’ll actively foster a healthy design team culture, shaping our collaborative practices and mentoring budding designers.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Ship work you’re proud of.
- Own your impact. You decide with product teams what opportunities to work on, and help define their success metrics.
- Elevate product quality.You define what ‘good’ looks like to your team. And you help them deliver it.
- Be part of a positive change in the world. We’re fixing a broken, greedy system, and putting people and businesses in control of their money
- You’ve got a portfolio of well-crafted, impactful work that solves real problems for real people.
- You’re an seasoned collaborator, designing in the open, leveraging other functions’ expertise, and taking them on the journey with you.
- You have strong visual design and interaction design skills, with a passion for high quality fit and finish. You’ve worked with design systems to produce beautiful and functional design that scales.
- You practise evidence-based design, and can articulate your decisions clearly and credibly.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.