ClickUp is hiring a
Senior User Researcher
ClickUp is the world's only all-in-one productivity platform that flexes to the way people want to work. It replaces all individual workplace productivity tools with a single, unified platform including project management, document collaboration, spreadsheets, chat, goals, and more. On a mission to make the world more productive, ClickUp is headquartered in San Diego and scaling remotely and internationally. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, ClickUp helps millions of users to be more productive and save at least one day every week. 🦄
ClickUp is looking for a User Researcher as one of the founding members of its UX research team to help with organizing and executing on our qualitative research. In this role, you will be the point person responsible for helping our team of product managers and designers better understand our users through user surveys, usability studies, and user interviews.
First, you will help us answer tough product questions with superior research studies. While it is ideal for each PM to be intimately involved in helping to define hypotheses to test and problems to explore, you will increase the velocity and quality of our research by writing the studies to getting them into market faster.
Second, you will own operationalizing the research function at ClickUp so that we are constantly learning about our users with at least one study in market every single day. You should strive to be intimately familiar with the top projects PMs and Designers are working on so you can incorporate user research into our process and ensure we have a research roadmap that immediately adds value to what we are working on.
Third, you will also be responsible for bringing visibility to which studies are in progress and upcoming and establishing and enforcing research best practices across the team so that everyone knows what type of research to do when and how to get the most value out of it.
Fourth, you will own creating stories around the insights you gather and working with Product Ops to create product personas to help us better understand who we are designing for and how they plan on using our products day to day.
If this sounds like you, we'd love you to join us in changing the world by giving people more time back in their day.
- Research Design: Get studies in market faster by partnering with PMs and Designers.
- Operationalizing Research: Get research incorporated into our product process. Evangelize best practices to ensure we're not only getting great user insights, but incorporating them into the way we strategize and build features.
- Roadmap: Identify and define impactful research opportunities working with product managers, product designers, regional marketing managers, and executive leaders to create a research roadmap. Ensure we have a consistent stream of incoming insights everyday that directly impact UX decisions we make. Then bring visibility to what was accomplished and what is next.
- Quality Control: When PMs and Designers write their own studies, be the gatekeeper of quality so that we can be sure we get good insights.
- Insights: Glean insights that are concrete and valuable to company leadership and product teams. Weave insights into stories that help us better understand how they interact with our product today and how they want to work.
- 3-5 years conducting user research studies within product-led technology organization
- Expert at analyzing qualitative data to optimize user behavior and trends
- Demonstrated business and/or product impact based on past research
- Ability to thrive when faced with ambiguity and ability to adapt to changing contexts in a fast-paced environment, working with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to design mixed methods approaches that effectively combine quantitative and qualitative methods and determine the right method for the problem
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to craft the most impactful questions in user research studies
- Degree in HCI, Anthropology, Human Computer Interactions, Communication or Cultural Studies, Social Sciences, or UX or relevant humanities disciplines
- Experience in a variety of different research sub-domains, with a design-heavy focus: UX, UX research, market intelligence, social science or qualitative research
- Explore various techniques (storytelling, collaborative team workshops, data visualization, mind mapping, etc.) to craft engaging and memorable narratives from your insights
- Experience in the productivity software application space
Salary Range: $130,000 - $220,000 (base pay)
This position is eligible for the following benefits:
- 401(k) with up to 2% match
- ClickUp swag
- Teammate recognition awards
- Professional development program
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical program
- Wellness stipend