Super Dispatch is hiring a
Senior Product Designer
About the role:
Super Dispatch is actively seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our team. The primary focus of this role is to cultivate trust between shippers and carriers within our marketplace. As a Senior Product Designer, you will work collaboratively with a team of engineers and product managers in a fast-paced, data-oriented environment.
This position requires a lean product development mindset and excellent problem-solving skills. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality design solutions that align with our product vision and business goals.
This is a fully remote role and an exciting opportunity for an experienced product designer to work on innovative solutions at a high-growth SaaS company. Ideally this person will be located in Eastern Europe or Central Asia, but flexible enough to collaborate with our team in the US.
- Your primary job responsibility is to help establish trust between carriers and shippers. Everything you do should contribute to this goal.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our customers and their problems.
- Conducting and implementing design experiments, learn from them, and improve the user experience based on the findings.
- Conduct customer interviews, build prototypes, conduct user testing, and iterate based on feedback.
- Collaborate closely with your team, including the product manager and engineers, to develop and deliver innovative design solutions that solve customer problems and drive key metrics for your team.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end.
- Contribute to Super Dispatch Design System
- Strong portfolio of product design work, illustrating multiple successfully launched products. In your portfolio, please include the project/product and its objectives, the problem(s) it solved, your role in the project and the design process you followed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you are a great writer, speaker, and listener - you have the ability to clearly articulate the story of the problem you’re solving and the vision you’re going after.
- Thrive in a startup culture - you thrive in a fast-paced, ‘get-it-done’ environment - by default, you prioritize "right now" over "right", comfortable multitasking, and limited resources.
- High level of flexibility - you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, respond positively and effectively to complexity and change.
- Customer-focused - you can deeply empathize with our customers, patiently listen and take feedback; you are great at getting to the bottom of the customer problem.
- Problem solver - you have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- Systematic thinker - you can balance big picture strategy with details, you have strong execution and delivery.
- Analytical mindset - you are able to structure and process data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
- Proactive - you act without being told what to do and regularly bring new ideas and perspectives.
- Team player - you have a collaborative mindset, the ability to work with cross-functional teams, and build positive relationships with individuals across the organization.
- Open and Positive - you are open to criticism and ideas, you accept feedback and provide it quickly.
- Have 5+ years of experience in designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products.
- Experience with improving the UX of existing products
- Experience in working with product teams in a dynamic, agile environment
- Experience working within a team/squad comprised of engineers, product managers and product designers
- Experience working with remote and distributed teams - can effectively communicate with US, European, and Central Asian teams
Nice to have:
- Experience with providing design experiments
- Experience in Auto Transport or Logistics industry
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Graduate from Super Dispatch’s company-wide new employee onboarding program. You’ll get caught up with who we are, how we work, and what we're building.
- Understand the full functionality of Super Dispatch products, as well as the greater auto transportation industry and competitive landscape.
- Learn and understand design process at Super Dispatch and own every aspect of the design process and collaborate with product managers and engineers to solve the problems of our customers.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Provide 3-5 design experiments and share key learnings with your team.
- Ship your first feature to customers and measure its impact.
- Participate in asynchronous design reviews to give feedback on the work of other designers and receive feedback on your own work from other designers and stakeholders.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Provide 10-20 design experiments and share key learnings with your team.
- Provide 8-12 customer interviews to learn their pain points/problems.
- Become a domain expert of your product area/subdomain.
- Have made a visible and measurable impact on the customers' experience with your design solutions.
- Provide your first Show & Tell session to share your experience with the design team.
Within 12 months, you’ll…
- Own the ideation and design of product roadmap initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to challenge and refine our design processes.
- Mentor other designers if needed.
What we do:
Super Dispatch is one of the fastest growing tech startups in Kansas City, and we're transforming the world of vehicle shipping. The Super Dispatch platform is a one-stop-shop for everything Carriers and Shippers need to move cars faster, smarter, and easier. Backed by cutting edge technology and best-in-class software, Super Dispatch is the advanced auto transport experience taking carriers and shippers into the future.
Who we are:
Our diverse team is composed of highly motivated professionals with a passion for solving big problems with technology. Our core values are built around learning, growing, evolving, and continuous experimentation. We believe and practice taking bold risks. We embrace failure as a lesson. We put our team first. We are committed to supporting each other and helping each other grow on this journey.
Summary of Benefits:
- Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation (PTO)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Fully remote/work from home role
- Growth opportunities
- Gym membership/wellness stipend
- Equipment provided