Smartsheet is hiring a
Senior Product Designer
USA - Remote
At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to achieve more. As a member of the User Experience Design team, you will shape the future of work, making our category-leading work execution platform valuable and delightful. As a Senior Product Designer, you will apply principles of design to create experiences that are inclusive, useful, intuitive, systemic, scalable and aesthetic in partnership with others. You will seek to understand business needs, represent the customer’s needs, promote human-centered methodologies across the team, and raise the bar for craft in order to ensure product experiences effectively meet a range of needs – from first-time users to seasoned experts.
You will report to our Sr. Manager of Product Design located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
Who We Are
The User Experience Design team is part of a large and growing User Experience team of designers, researchers, and writers. We love what we do and strive to support each other as we craft experiences that delight our customers.
What You'll Do
- Lean in and take ownership of delivering quality experiences.
- Elevate the status quo by setting a high bar for ideas, craftsmanship, and quality. Because “good enough” will never be enough.
- Listen, learn, define problems and propose iterations to address experience gaps within the limits of business and technical constraints.
- Dig deep into user needs and goals and articulate them with a range of audiences.
- Create artifacts that demonstrate the intended customer experience.
- Rapidly iterate on designs to test hypotheses and experiment on the most effective solutions.
- Craft pithy narratives to bring stakeholders along throughout the design process.
- Provide detailed design specifications to ensure engineers can effectively and efficiently implement proposed experiences.
- Work effectively with your product partner to define and refine user stories and acceptance of done.
- Co-author docs that articulate what problem you are solving, why, the impact, possible solution hypotheses and how you will measure success.
- Support your research partner(s) by helping to conduct usability testing for non-ambiguous experiences and incorporate user and team feedback.
- Attend Engineering ceremonies to ensure they are supported as they deliver high quality experiences.
- Be open-minded to supporting other duties where as necessary (such as tasks that drive knowledge sharing or streamline UX processes).
- Support other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- 2-5+ years design experience
- Growth mindset
- Passion for Software as a service (SaaS) and Collaborative work management (CWM)
- Experience and passion for working with complexity and driving simple solutions
- Experience and passion for approaching problems with a system mindset
- Experience designing complex interactions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – you have the ability to effectively bring people along the journey, foster collaboration and get things done
- Ability to clearly articulate the problem, hypothesis, diverge/explore different ideas, work within constraints and articulate design rationale
- Ability to proactively solicit and provide feedback in order to continually evolve thought and craft
- Experience working with researchers and conducting user research
- Degree in Design (Interaction, Product, Communication, HCD, or related) or experience doing such things
- Expert in Figma (both static mocks and interactive prototypes)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
Smartsheet provides a competitive range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $140,400 to $194,400 | All other US States: $130,000 to $180,000