Skydio is hiring a
Senior Product Designer
Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role: As a Senior Product Designer you will research, prototype, design and ship web and mobile applications that unlock Skydio hardware’s potential across a wide array of inspection, industrial, construction, public safety and defense use cases. You will work directly with the Sr. Director of Product Design, Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to understand our customers' most pressing needs and build incredible cross-platform experiences.
How you'll make an impact:
- Design core and new functionality for Skydio Cloud and/or Android based Ground Control Stations.
- Go on-site with customers to deeply understand their needs, use cases and work with Product Managers and
- Engineers to build incredible new AI based tools that customers love
- Work with other designers, engineers and marketers to build out the Skydio Design Language across our Cloud,
Mobile, and Marketing experiences. Discover, design and document new components, modules, visual styles and treatments that will create a toolbox for ALL designers to build more efficiently and cohesively
- Provide mockups, user flows, pixel-perfect designs in Figma, or write HTML/CSS directly to drive the design process for engineers, while communicating design goals to PMs and Executives
- Bring your insights and experience to improve production and processes around the design org
What makes you a good fit:
- Proven track record of delivering effective design to consumer and/or enterprise customers
- A portfolio that clearly defines your contributions shipping cloud products in multiple disciplines within design
- Solid understanding of design systems that span mobile, web and marketing
- Strong examples of beautiful data, visualization, 3d, and table layout and visual design
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with 3D for Web (WebGL, Cesium, ThreeJS)
- Familiarity with Android-based HIG and Mobile Design Patterns
- Familiarity with Front-end design libraries like Ant, Bootstrap, Tailwind CSS.
- Familiarity with 3D Animation tools like Cinema4D, Blender, Maya and After Effects
This position is open to remote work.
Compensation Range: The annual base salary range for this position is $144,500 to $200,000*. Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Skydio full-time employees are eligible to enroll in our benefit plans and take advantage of a variety of incenti