Qualio is hiring a
Senior Product Designer
EMEA - Remote
Qualio is on a mission to empower life science teams to launch and scale life-saving products. We’re doing that by building a connected and integrated quality management platform for the entire life science ecosystem. Qualio is trusted by 100s of highly regulated international customers, ranging from the bleeding edge of computational biology and machine learning to household names in mRNA vaccine development.
The Qualio team is all-remote, and currently distributed across North America, Europe and Australia.
What’s the opportunity?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Product Designer to join our dynamic, collaborative and remote-first Qualio team!
Join Qualio as a pivotal player in a high-velocity cross-functional product development team. Help us transform an industry that, literally, saves millions of lives every year. This is challenging but incredibly rewarding work being done with a supportive and passionate team.
Product at Qualio
- We take a cross-disciplinary approach at every level. Product Management, Design, and Engineering (EPD) all report into our CPO and consider themselves part of one team.
- We are dedicated to being a product-led company. Everything a customer experiences is part of our product, whether it is delivered by technology or a human. Every job at Qualio is a user experience job in one sense or another.
- We are explicitly a “service design” company, taking a holistic and systems-oriented approach to orchestrating a mix of technology- and human-powered capabilities to our customers.
- All members of EPD have an outsized influence but also an expectation of ownership for overall customer and company outcomes
- We are open and collaborative by default (e.g. public slack channels, lots of collaborative work in open documents, minimal organizational hierarchy, etc.)
- We are dedicated to continuously improving our craft at design. We reflect on and evolve our own practices and concepts regularly. We engage with the industry to make sure we are at the top of our game. We guarantee that you will be a much better professional for having worked with us.
What will I do?
- Lead with insights, proposals, flows, prototypes, etc. – both strategically and tactically. This is product design, not UX/UI production.
- That said, our design team is not large (yet) so a large part of the work is interaction and UX design. You will need to have skills and passion for sweating the details in flows, screens, micro-interactions, and edge cases.
- Establish and drive a posture and practice of understanding customer problems deeply – not just reacting to customer requests but understanding them well enough to create solutions customers could not have thought of themselves.
- Demonstrate compelling and confident storytelling that surfaces assumptions and difficult decisions but also aligns stakeholders around solutions.
- Contribute to our nascent Design System to create consistently high quality experiences for our customers and decrease the time it takes to deliver it.
- Work collaboratively with all of Qualio, but especially Product Management and Engineering
What skills do I need?
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Designer in a B2B SaaS environment – extra points for experience with highly-regulated industries, life-science, or “service design” (i.e. technology-powered and human-powered aspects working together)
- A passion for delivering effective and elegant products and services that solve customer problems, especially high-quality UX and solid platform architectures
- An approachable and collaborative working style with a rigorous mindset
- Fluent in working in agile development environments – we aren’t ideological about process but we are definitely not waterfall.
- Experience planning and managing successful launch and adoption of work. Product Designers care as much about adoption and usage after the design-build as they do about crafting the product before launch.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible holidays
- Unlimited Time Off
- Professional development stipend
- Working space allowance / home office budget
- Opportunity to make a difference through helping life-saving products to get to market