Nautilius is hiring a
Senior Product Designer
Nautilus is building artificial intelligence to advance the efficiency of ocean commerce. We deliver technology to help shipping companies minimize fuel consumption, maximize operational efficiency, and optimize fleet performance. By arming ship owners and operators with real-time predictive decision support, Nautilus is reducing greenhouse gas emissions and making global trade sustainable.
Ocean shipping consumes over $100 billion dollars of fuel every year, and up to 30% of it can be saved. For owner-operators, reliance on manually collected and analyzed data makes it difficult to optimize fleet performance in real-time. By providing a unified data platform that leverages machine learning, Nautilus helps its clients make better decisions to maximize the return on each ship and every voyage. For our clients, this means they drive closer collaboration, greater transparency, and stronger accountability across their global teams every day.
Nautilus Labs is looking for an experienced Product Designer who is motivated by our mission. You can expect to own impactful, cross-functional projects, contribute to product and company strategy, and champion innovative approaches to solving the most important problems for our customers.
You will partner with product managers to conduct user research and define problem statements, explore different approaches to solving problems, and design workflows and visual systems that help our customers meet their key objectives: optimizing maritime voyages for fuel consumption, profit, and fewer greenhouse gas emissions, and reporting on historical outcomes for their vessels.
Outcomes For The Role.
- Able to evangelize the product design role by demonstrating consistent impact on product direction and reduction of product risk.
- Function as a highly autonomous individual contributor, owning large, strategic projects.
- Create and iterate on processes that tighten the feedback loop between our customers and users and the products we build
- Establish and contribute to design rituals and workshops that benefit team execution, build cross-functional relationships, and improve the product
- Partner with product managers, engineers and other key stakeholders to identify and shape new opportunities for sponsorship and contribute significantly to the direction of the overall product
- Partner with product managers to navigate ambiguity, shape problem statements, map out requirements and timelines, and define data considerations
- A product designer whose success record is built from 3-5 years of hands-on product design experience working directly with software engineers and product managers.
- Able to operate autonomously, but recognize that the best ideas are refined through collaboration.
- Excited about being a thought-partner to our company and customers, refining ideas, conducting research, and using your knowledge of software systems to curate potential opportunities. You understand the possibilities enabled by the systems you design for, but also their limitations.
- Able to balance diligence with speed. You deeply value getting designs right, but also understand the importance of getting them out the door.
- Able to embrace complexity and ambiguity. You think in systems and love to untangle complex problems, breaking down ambiguous feedback into clear, easily understood pieces for other teams.
- Empathetic and compassionate towards clients and users. You pride yourself on deeply understanding the problems, needs, and limitations of customers, and you operate benevolently, seeking to teach what you have learned so your cross-functional partners can build from a customer-first perspective.
- Experienced in collaborating cross-functionally, as a team player, with an ability to influence all levels of the business, with an open ear to perspectives counter to your own.
- Comfortable working in Figma.
- Experienced in visualizing complex data in usable ways. Ideally comfortable using Tableau, Power BI or other data visualization tools.
- Can translate problems, solutions, strategy, and more into team-level presentations and convey them in a structured manner.
- Serves as a model of TIDE Values and operating principles throughout the company & serves as an internal ambassador for the Mission.
- Eager to collaborate across the balanced team, helping project teams to communicate and operate with a high degree of efficiency and efficacy.
- Able to contribute to the development of a common product vision and help team members understand how their work drives value for users.
- Early-stage, high-growth startup experience
- Experience designing forms and interfaces for machine learning products
- Experience in B2B enterprise SaaS
- Experience in Service Design
- A technical or quantitative degree