Mood is hiring a
Senior Product Designer
We are a rapidly growing e-commerce company selling legal hemp THC products. We have experienced significant growth since our launch in August 2022 and are now a team of about 90 people. We generate significant revenue, are growing rapidly this year, and are profitable. Our leadership team consists of a CEO, CMO, CFO, and CTO.
We’re basically a cannabis company that functions like a tech company and we believe in old fashioned business principles: sell high quality products and treat people well!
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our core product trio, which includes a lead engineer and a product manager, reporting directly to the Head of Digital Product. As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will be responsible for a range of UX design activities, from research to high-fidelity design, in order to help us create and maintain a design system for our digital products. You will work closely with our Head of Digital product and lead engineer to ideate, research, validate, and execute on product solutions.
- Conduct weekly user research and usability testing to gather insights and validate product ideas
- Work closely with a world-class branding agency to design digital product components that are anchored on Mood’s personality and values
- Develop user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to communicate design concepts
- Create high-fidelity designs using Figma
- Collaborate with the Head of Digital Product and Lead Engineer to ensure design solutions align with product goals and technical feasibility
- Maintain all high-fidelity flows and mockups in Figma and ensure that design system is up-to-date and adheres to branding guidelines
- Continuously seek feedback and iterate on designs based on user data
- Contribute to creating a culture of design thinking and continuous improvement within the product trio and across the organization
- 5+ years of experience in UX/UI design, with a portfolio showcasing your work and design process
- Proficiency in Figma
- Experience creating design systems and pattern libraries
- Experience conducting regular user research and usability testing
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly articulate design decisions and rationale to stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively to solve complex design problems
- The ability to balance quantitative and qualitative learnings
- Empathy for users and ability to put yourself in their shoes to create intuitive and delightful user experiences
- Experience with the practices described in Continuous Discovery Habits by Teresa Torres
- Experience using self-service analytics tools such as PostHog or Mixpanel
- Experience working in high-volume D2C e-commerce companies
How to Apply:
If you're interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, portfolio showcasing your design work and process, and optionally, a short cover letter (ideally less than 10 sentences) telling us about a time a project went poorly, but left you with valuable learnings. After applying, you'll be invited to take a short visual intelligence test via email. Once completed, we will reach out and let you know if you've been advanced to the next stage.
We look forward to hearing from you!