Flash Pack is hiring a
Senior Product Designer
EU - Remote
Flash Pack's mission is to create 1 million friendships through the power of travel and technology. In a world that increasingly plays out behind screens, we facilitate authentic friendships between people at the same life-stage. We are solving a unique problem for a prominent niche with our global brand appeal.
Who you are
We’re after the right person. If you don’t quite hit all the criteria, you should still apply based on hitting the majority.
- Outcome-focused - You naturally focus on the user and their problems, as opposed to the fine details of the solution
- Self-starting - You are comfortable going 0 to 1 with little more than high-level guidance
- Focused & fast-moving - Startup environments are distracting. You have the ability to block out the noise and deliver effectively
- Advocate of design culture - You value an open design culture and can relate to your team and the wider business through this philosophy
- Personal growth mindset - You understand that personal growth requires some failure and actively seek feedback on both your work and your style
- Express yourself - Be confident in your creative ideas and have the communication skills to present them
- Be nice - You get that the team is more important than yourself
What the job involves
- Growth focus - You love experimentation, know when to use it and love the intersection of marketing/sales/customer experience in general
- Championing visual design - You have strong visual skills. You will be key in helping us drive visual design quality in the design department and across the business
- Running user tests - Whilst your PM is keeping a close eye on the metrics, you will be seeking out qualitative insight and introducing them into the workstream
- Team-working - You will be collaborating closest with your Product Manager, but also closely with branding and marketing so you know how to talk their language and understand one another
- Improve the design ‘machine’ - we’re always aiming to improve how we do things. You’ll develop design processes that help us deliver great user experiences more efficiently
You’ll do this in line with our company values.
We are remote first (within +- 2 hours of London) & location agnostic, though we meet in London every 4-6 weeks so you'll need to be able to get there in a way you're comfortable with.
The salary range for this role is between £80K - £105K depending on experience. We also offer stock options after your first year with the company.
We have trailblazer total pay transparency and allow you to choose your total compensation plan balancing salary and options to suit your personal financial goals.
- Apply! Make sure you include your portfolio. We'll review this at this stage.
- Chat with Morgan our CPTO. This will be focused on previous experience and motivations
- Practical exercise with James (Lead Designer), Ollie (Head of Product), and Morgan (CPTO) - Show us your default mode of execution.
- Two interviews. The first a founder interview with CEO Radha, CMO Lee, or CFO Oli. The second a stakeholder interview with someone from marketing and sales.
- You’ll get 25 days annual leave, 8 bank holidays plus an extra day off on your birthday - that’s 34 days in total
- A remote-first office. We don’t care where you work from as long as you hit your targets
- We have a flexible office space in Central London in 2022 where you can float in and out to brainstorm, catch-up, have 1-2-1s and socialise
- The opportunity to travel and experience a Flash Pack trip!
- A diverse and inclusive team, with people from all walks of life. We can sponsor work visas and help you relocate.
- Quarterly company-wide socials in London, and team-based socials and work events
- Stock options that mean something
- 5% matched employer pension contribution
- Generous primary caregiver package, 16 weeks full pay