EverCommerce is hiring a
Senior Product Designer
EverCommerce Nasdaq: EVCM is a leading service commerce platform, providing vertically tailored, integrated SaaS solutions that help more than 600,000 global service-based businesses accelerate growth, streamline operations, and increase retention. Our modern digital and mobile applications create predictable, informed, and convenient experiences between customers and their service professionals. Specializing in Home & Field Services, Health Services, and Fitness & Wellness industries, EverCommerce solutions include end-to-end business management software, embedded payment acceptance, marketing technology, and customer engagement applications.
We are building an extraordinary company and looking for talented, energetic, and motivated people to join our team. You can learn more about our Company, Culture and Values here: https://careers.evercommerce.com/us/en
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to focus on our Joist product. Joist, an EverCommerce solution group, is an end to end vertical software platform for small & medium-sized trade contractors. We have a simple mission: Make Contractors Heroes. Joist provides web and mobile applications for small business contractors to estimate, invoice, record, and process payments, and manage projects from anywhere. Joist is on a mission to make contractors heroes. Joist is already the #1 mobile platform for home improvement contractors worldwide and we have major growth planned!
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing design team. In this role, you will have a huge impact on Joist customers across the world. To thrive in this position, you need to love working collaboratively and iteratively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, and researchers, contributing design strategy to major projects, and delivering high-quality experiences to our customers. You always look for feedback and are an active participant when discussing product ideas and customer needs & pain points.
You have experience actively coaching and advocating for design decisions to your peers, iterating on constructive feedback, and ensuring the team is creating a cohesive and consistent design system across all our products.
- Utilize design thinking principles to build simple and intuitive user experiences for both native mobile apps and responsive web
- Be an equal partner to other functions in defining product vision and architecting roadmaps, and effectively evaluating tradeoffs based on business and user needs
- Bring a deep understanding of user-centered design to the day-to-day work of solution discovery, design execution, and iteration
- Champion consistent experiences across platforms and contribute and evolve our design system
- Help build our product design practice enabling us to scale, while doing our best work
- 5+ years of working experience as a UX/UI designer, native mobile apps, SMB SaaS and/or payments experience is preferred
- Experience utilizing the principles of Product-led Growth in your work
- You can show off a well-considered body of work in product design, service design, and product strategy
- You have been a part of (or led) a team that has successfully shipped multiple cross-platform digital products
- You can easily tell the difference between a ‘good’ or ‘great’ experience
- The interactions, flows, and experiences you design are easy to understand and validated by real users
- A true focus on the user—your design decisions are based on research, usability testing and quantitative data
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy helping to surface and define problems, not simply designing solutions
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams as the design lead
- Strong initiative, keen attention to detail, and complex problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Figma, Adobe CC, Jira, Maze (or similar user experience testing tools)
It would be a bonus if you have
- A university degree in a relevant Design, Technology, or Social Science discipline
- Experience doing research in the home improvement / home services industry
- Experience conducting user tests, research, and experiments to capture and understand real users’ motivations, goals, and pain points; facilitate design sprints and other discovery sessions as needed
- Experience digging into product analytics data, customer service contacts, and social media feedback to monitor current product usage patterns and identify future areas of enhancement
The EverCommerce team is distributed globally, with teams in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Jordan, New Zealand, and Australia. With a widely distributed team, we are used to working remotely across different time zones. This role can be based anywhere in Canada – if you’re close to one of our offices, we can set you up in-office or you can work 100% remotely. Please note that you must be eligible to work without sponsorship to qualify for this position. This role may require travel to our main office in Toronto.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexibility to work where/how you want in your country of employment – in-office, remote, or hybrid
- Robust wellness benefits, including an annual wellness stipend
- Flexible and generous (FTO) time-off, a paid volunteer day of your choosing, plus 2 floating holidays to celebrate anything of significance to you
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with 4% company match
- Continued investment in your professional development through Udemy