Decentraland is hiring a
Senior Product Designer
Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed, and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace, and system of property – and it’s growing fast!
New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year.
What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding, and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible.
Check it out at: http://play.decentraland.org/
This is a position for Decentraland Foundation.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team. Your primary responsibility will be to refine and enhance the user experience within our 3D Explorer Client. Working closely with our Product and Engineering teams, you will ensure an engaging, intuitive, and seamless user journey for exploring, socializing, and enjoying the Decentraland platform.
- Gathering user feedback through conducting interviews and usability tests, and maintaining ongoing communication with our vibrant community.
- Promoting knowledge sharing within the team by creating and iterating on end-to-end user flows and journeys.
- Developing low-fidelity wireframes and concepts to explore various options and paths.
- Defining optimal UI solutions.
- Collaborating and iterating with engineers to bring designs to life.
- Measuring the impact of the proposals and continuously iterating on them.
- Figma (user flows, journeys, wireframes and prototypes)
- Maze.co / Google Forms (surveys / quantitative studies)
- UserZoom (usability tests)
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Product Designer.
- Strong UX/UI design skills and a solid background, preferably with experience in gaming or related fields.
- Proven track record designing, iterating and successfully shipping products with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest UX/UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Curiosity is a must have. While knowledge of web 3 is not mandatory, a keen interest in learning and understanding more about it is highly desirable.
- A growth mindset. Having a willingness to learn, make mistakes, and, above all, dive into a new world of exploration, research, and proposals.
- A community-driven mindset. Decentraland is a unique and evolving platform and as a product designer your role will involve actively listening to and caring for the community, continuously learning and iterating the user experience.
- Alignment with our core values: create with passion, care about the future, done is better than perfect, own it, enjoy the ride.
- Experience working with immersive 3D platforms.
- Experience designing web 3 related products.
- Familiarity with Unity, including a strong understanding of built-in UI tools and expertise in performance optimization.
- Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
- 29 annual PTOs.
- Long term incentive of MANA tokens, vested across a 4-year period.
- Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester.
- Stipend policy to cover work-related expenses.
- Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, monitor and chair.
- Stipend policy for English or Spanish lessons.