Academia is hiring a
Senior Growth Designer
USA - Remote
Academia.edu is a venture-backed, for-profit business based in San Francisco. Our mission is to accelerate the world's research, and we have spent the last 13 years building the world's largest online network for sharing and finding academic research. With over 228 million users and nearly half of the world's academics using our platform every month, our product team develops compelling products for academics and researchers at scale.
As a Senior Growth Designer, you will have a unique opportunity to define the UX framework and drive the user journey from discovering our service to upgrading. We are seeking a designer who can address fragmented product surfaces, introduce consistent design patterns, and identify and improve dark patterns that may exist. You will play a crucial role in shaping the user experience and driving growth metrics by creating a cohesive and intuitive design ecosystem.
- Advocate for the importance of user-centric design principles and best practices within the Growth Team and the wider organization.
- Mentor and guide junior designers, providing support and fostering their growth in the field of Growth Design.
UX Framework and User Journey:
- Define a comprehensive UX framework to guide the user journey from initial discovery to conversion and beyond.
- Identify areas of fragmentation within product surfaces and propose solutions for creating a cohesive user experience.
- Introduce and implement consistent design patterns that enhance usability and engagement.
- Identify and address dark patterns, ensuring ethical design practices and fostering user trust.
A/B Testing and Optimization:
- Collaborate with the Growth Team to design and implement A/B tests that optimize user acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization.
- Rapidly iterate on design variants based on insights gained from previous A/B tests.
- Seek feedback from the Product Manager and the Design Team to refine and improve design iterations.
- Conduct user interviews to gather valuable feedback and insights on design variants and user experiences.
- Partner closely with the Product Managers and cross-functional teams to align on the growth roadmap and UX requirements.
- Collaborate with Data Analysts to analyze user data and test results, deriving actionable insights to inform design decisions.
- Work closely with Engineers to ensure efficient implementation of design solutions.
- Engage in regular design feedback sessions with the Design Team to foster a culture of collaboration and improvement.
- Contribute to the enhancement of design tools and processes to optimize productivity and effectiveness.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Growth Designer or as a Product Designer with a focus on driving growth and optimizing user experiences.
- At least 6 years of overall design experience.
- Proven ability to define UX frameworks and drive user journeys that result in improved conversion and engagement.
- Strong understanding of design patterns, usability principles, and ethical design practices.
- Extensive experience with A/B testing methodologies and optimization strategies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in leading design initiatives within cross-functional teams.
- Willingness to adapt and evolve team processes as the organization grows and learns.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your exceptional design work, with a particular emphasis on improving user experiences and driving growth metrics.
What's in it for you?
- Make a significant impact on the user experience, driving growth and improving user satisfaction.
- Lead the definition and implementation of a cohesive UX framework and design patterns.
- Opportunities for career growth, whether you choose to further develop as an individual contributor or transition into a design management role.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
$150,000 - $200,000 a year
Our Remote Work Policy
- You can work 100% remotely from anywhere in the US or Canada if you are legally living and working in the USA or a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Our core work hours are 10am-4pm Pacific Time, with flex hours for the rest of the day.