Optimity is hiring a
Canada - Remote
Optimity is a mission-driven insurtech startup dedicated to helping millions of people improve their quality of life to live healthier, wealthier and longer with science, rewards and gamification. Using the latest and greatest in mobile & wearable technology, data & AI, and behavioural science, our software is supporting and coaching users toward their goals in a fun, personalized, and easy-to-engage way.
We work and partner with some of the world's biggest brands in life and health insurance, loyalty points, and healthy living to deliver our award-winning health rewards programs. Right now, we’re fully remote so you can be anywhere in Canada but Toronto/GTA is preferred. Our core hours are 10am to 5PM Eastern time.
Summary of the Role:
We’re looking for a curious and data driven product manager to join our team and scale our product to millions of users. You will be responsible for ensuring we retain our customers, design engagement and usability into our product working with engineers, designers, and support people! If you are experimental, growth oriented, and passionate about health and wellness, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Lead delivery of specific capabilities to our users from start to finish. Ensure that what we build is engaging and valuable.
- Manage your assigned products and liaise with other team members across Engineering, Design, Customer Service, Content and Business Development and Sales in order to drive consensus. Translate the product needs into requirements and manage scope to deliver on time.
- Provide input to the product roadmap with a view to strategic alignment. Also, make decisions for feature priorities as determined by the business, consumer, and market needs.
- Engage extensively with consumers and customers in order to gain first-hand insight into the feedback on the business’ products in both our B2C and B2B segments.
- Ensure that we have a go to market plan for new capabilities so that our customers find and adopt new capabilities.
- Conduct relevant product research; establish competitive intelligence and various market analyses as well as conducting consumer and market research that further aids the business in understanding current and future product needs.
The experience and skills you will need
- Hands-on 5+ years of recent experience as a Product Manager in a consumer product company.
- Experience with games and customer engagement is a big plus.
- Experience managing products through the entire lifecycle with a track record of successful delivery of multiple software/SaaS products.
- Proficiency in multiple technical areas is required such as front-end technologies, cloud communication technologies, APIs, web services, middleware, etc.
- Experienced in agile development processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in which the requirements are not always well defined and requirements priorities change frequently.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- Technical background is a plus.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
What we provide for you at Optimity
- Opportunity to make your mark on our products in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that supports you to be creative, productive and grow your skills
- A product worth supporting that uses behavioural science in gamification, incentives, and the power of communities to nudge consumers to lead a healthier lifestyle
- Opportunity to work with some of the latest technologies and methodologies
- All the guidance and support you need, as well as having a significant role in how our products look and work
- Comprehensive health benefits and a focus on wellness - because that is our business!