Whatnot is hiring a
USA - Remote
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
We're looking for a Product Designer with extraordinary visual and interaction design skills to be a foundational member of our design team. The ideal candidate is proactive and well-versed in the user-centered design process to solve complex problems, a positive person who thrives in a hyper-growth environment, and is eager to learn from others. This person will:
- Design and craft intuitive, human-centric flows and experiences on iOS and Android.
- Partner closely with engineering to design and build new features.
- Evaluate and recommend design solutions and help guide team decision making.
- Create high-fidelity prototypes and visuals to bring designs to life.
- Deliver pixel-perfect mockups and design specs while maintaining design quality in shipped product.
- Communicate cross-functionally to drive alignment around design direction.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our next Product Designer you should have 4+ years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products, plus:
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating strong UI/UX design, prototyping, visual design, typography, and visual hierarchy
- A passion for exploring new and existing paradigms to add to your repertoire of ideas and solutions. You are especially curious about technology, design, product and people. You never feel done learning your craft
- Confidence sharing thoughts in verbal or written form. You can engage constructively in debate and discussion with your colleagues and peers.
- Experience facilitating discussions with the product and engineering team to drive strategy and execution.
- Attention to detail, excitement to refine your work until it's pixel-perfect, and excellent organization and time prioritization skills
- A strong willingness to learn with a lack of ego and want to do the best work of your life
For US-based applicants: $153,000 - $235,000/year + benefits + stock options
The salary range may be inclusive of several levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise. This range is only inclusive of base salary, not benefits (more details below) or equity in the form of stock options.
🙏 Nice to Have
- Excitement for the livestream auction space!
- Experience with user research and testing, and with motion, illustration or brand design
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to new priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Marketplace experience
- A sense of humor :)
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary