Welcome is hiring a
Founded in 2015 in Athens, Greece, Welcome redefines the way people travel by going above and beyond the commoditized transfer service and being the first company to deliver a complete, personalized, in-destination travel experience. From the moment a traveler arrives at a new destination, until their return journey home, Welcome accommodates all their travel needs, including transfers, sightseeing trips, and local information, in the easiest, friendliest, and most personalized way possible. Welcome's drivers are experts in the area and share their local know-how to make travelers feel at home wherever they are. The company has also introduced contactless rides, thorough cleaning protocols, and protective equipment to make every journey safe.
We are a group of vibrant diverse people who love traveling and never settle on quality. Each one of us didn’t join Welcome by chance, and believes deeply in what Welcome is trying to achieve, so we work relentlessly to make that happen. We challenge common logic, focus on design, put simplicity and usability first, and create memorable experiences. We keep learning and exploring better ways to serve our community and grow personally and professionally in our respective fields. We stay humble along the way, with a “pay it forward” mentality, but with big and bold goals.
Who we're looking for
A product designer to make our design team the army of three.
What you'll be doing
- Explaining to users what the product is and how it works
- Making the user experience effortless
- Contributing to the creation of our distinct visual language
- Helping to bring our developing design system to life
- Helping the company to make more money
- Identifying and formulating user problems with product managers and stakeholders
- Researching to find possible solutions
- Creating high-fidelity mockups/prototypes and iterating on them with product managers
- Participate and de-brief moderated User Testing sessions
- Explaining to developers how the end result is supposed to work
- Controlling the quality of implementation
- Following up on the results
Good things about us
- We have multiple for 3 completely different types of users (traveler, driver, partner) in 12 languages. You will have new challenges frequently!
- Our products are not so bad or old that you hate them 😎 , but not so good yet that you have nothing to contribute
- The team has a perfect size: we're small enough to have minimum bureaucracy and corporate nonsense, but big enough to enable every person to do what they are best at and make a difference doing so
- Our development team is really powerful, motivated, and can do virtually anything
- The production cycle is fairly short: you start seeing your work in production really quick
- We have a solid measurement solution although we appreciate user testing & user interviews more than event tracking and analytics.
Figma, Moqups.com for prototyping and delivery. We use Jira and Confluence to organize and document our work.
- Has a minimum of 2 years UI/UX design experience for digital products or services.
- Can share a portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Is comfortable with problems and solutions not being well defined
- Can find the right people to get answers from
- Isn't afraid of analyzing a statistical report or two
- Cares about making small features good as much as big ones
- Works well switching between tasks and feels comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Is proficient in designing for different devices and platforms
- Values User Testing over personal opinion
- Has a personal opinion
- Is ok with making a design less cool and simpler to implement if current conditions demand it
- Can make something super cool and visually pleasing when it makes sense
- Loves when their design gets implemented correctly and makes everything to help developers do it
- Cares about what is written on buttons
- Hybrid work policy*
- Vibrant and fresh work environment at the center of Athens
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks
- The unique opportunity to join “the next big thing” at the ground level.
*Currently, our team has 80 exceptional team members. The main office is in Athens, Greece, but we have people working remotely from all over the world. If you're from Greece, we'll gladly find a place for you in the office, if not – you can work remotely.