Wayfair is hiring a
Who We Are
We’re the Experience Design team at Wayfair, and we’re tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people discover, find, purchase, and have goods delivered to their homes. We’re a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
Our Customer Experiences team is where the core shopping experience happens. It is our mission is to adapt our experience to ensure we’re the very best place to buy every product we sell, for all of our customers in every store and geo. In short, we create a nuance at scale.
What You’ll Do
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible workstream that drives significant impact. You are an empathetic designer, a thought leader, and skilled in design iterations. Additionally, you’re gifted in UI design, are customer-centered, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategies to drive product priorities.
You can expect to:
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences that solve goals with elegant simplicity
- Carry out post-re-platforming feature projects to get us closer to our vision state
- Help elevate our design system and components
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content designers, user researchers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work
- Deliver compelling presentations, build strong relationships with your peers and stakeholders, share knowledge, and provide feedback on projects and roadmaps.
- Use your critical thinking skills, and prioritize work that drives long-term value. You will execute with urgency, learn from failure, and nimbly pivot. The outcomes of your efforts are impactful, measurable results
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related field
- 3+ years of professional UX experience
- Strong understanding of design processes; specifically in visual and UI. Knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
- A strong understanding of ecommerce best practices. Previous ecommerce experience is a plus.
- The ability to think at a system level, designing solutions that are extensible beyond a single use
- Communication and interpersonal skills: ability to present and articulate ideas, openness to evolve opinions that challenge beliefs respectfully
- Are proficient in industry standard tools in design and collaboration tools like Figma and Miro
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/
folksonomies, paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- The ability to design and execute usability tests and other user research activities.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills are a plus.
- Working knowledge of writing UX copy.
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.