Tome is hiring a
About the job
Tome is building across a broad surface area, ranging from types of content you can use to express your work, to ways to collaborate with your team.
Despite the breadth, there’s a need to execute rigorously, with great depth and attention to detail in each area to build a world-class product. To scale that, the team is looking to hire a Product Designer to drive the team’s most important and complex projects. We’re looking for a Product Designer to explore and evolve the core product, enable storytelling through new types of content, and ensure a magical experience for people on the other end of creation in Tome.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience conceptualizing, designing, prototyping, and shipping products with engineers.
- You think deeply about how to build something you want to bring to reality, not just how it should look. At Tome, Design and Engineering work incredibly closely together.
- You enjoy diving deep into design systems and prototyping of some kind. Stories in Tome often come to life via motion or interaction.
- You get excited thinking about ways to give people powerful tools to tell visually impactful and effective stories.
What you'll do
- Illustrate future states of the product with greater potential for expressing ideas.
- Regularly hear from and talk to users to understand and solve for their needs as they use the product.
- Constantly identify and push improvements to the product (even small details)
- Design, prototype, and document the behavior for the product you work on
- Work closely with engineers and other partners to ship a product you're proud of
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and creating a design culture within the
Compensation Range: $170,000/year to $200,000/year + equity + benefits
💰 Compensation & Equity
- We offer competitive compensation & equity packages. At Tome we want you to feel ownership over the work you do and capitalize on the upside you create in the company.
🏝 Unlimited PTO
- Take the time you need to with unlimited vacation days.
🛌 Sick Leave
- Unlimited. Take the days you need to feel your best and do your best work.
👼 Parental Leave
- Tome offers 3 months of paid time off for maternity & paternity leave.
- Tome offers a 401k plan through Human Interest
🍱 Weekly Lunch Stipend
- Weekly UberEats credit to order a favorite meal.
🚎 Commuter Benefits
- For those in the Bay Area we offer: up to $25/day in parking ($350 for a monthly pass) & Muni/Bart rides (up to $350/month).
✈️ Travel & Hotel Accommodations for Remote Members
- Quarterly trips to keep remote members connected.
🏩 Prorated Medical Insurance
- Choose the coverage that suits you and your family's needs.
- M1 Max MBP laptop of your choice