Gitlab is hiring a
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
You'll be working with the team to build Switchboard, a new customer portal being developed alongside the GitLab Dedicated single-tenant SaaS offering. Switchboard will be used both by Dedicated customers as well as internal GitLab teams (SREs). There is a lot of room for impact here as we're building a completely new UI that will enable users to be self-sufficient and minimise the assistance needed from GitLab to onboard and manage their instances.
What you'll do
- You'll define the product goals, roadmap, and strategy, all to solve user problems.
- You’ll work alongside UX Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers to iterate on new features within the GitLab product.
- You’ll communicate your design thinking and ideas through wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups, and high-fidelity visual designs.
- You’ll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to succeed with their goals.
- You’ll undertake usability testing to validate your thinking. (We’ve got an excellent team of UX Researchers who can offer guidance, as needed.)
- You’ll contribute to our Design System, alongside the rest of the UX team and the GitLab community as a whole.
What you'll bring
- Strong experience designing developer tools, enterprise software or complex web applications.
- Strong experience following a user-centered or human-centered design approach, in conjunction with design thinking.
- Enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and know when to engage with UXR.
- You already practice design iteration and have experience building strong connections with key customers.
- Experience being involved in a product going from 0-1, balancing short term with long term design work.
About the team
We support the business of GitLab by becoming experts in our stage group, educating ourselves about the entire product, and staying engaged with user and business goals. We partner closely with our stable counterparts in Product Management and Development. As Product Designers, we are the owners of design judgment. We start with a problem to solve and always first consider the best experience for the user.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support