Stotles is hiring a
Hi there 👋 We're Stotles.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of business and government working better, together. We'd love for you to join us on our journey.
As our 3rd product designer at Stotles, you will be a driving force behind our products UX and UI. You will have a chance to establish some of our fundamental patterns and ways of working. You will be working closely alongside our CPO Carsten, our CTO Piotr and our Lead Product Designer Philippe as well as the rest of our product team.
Being a small team we place a huge focus on autonomy for our project squads as they solve user challenges. We are also quite unique in that we don’t have PMs for each project but place the decision-making in the hands of the designers and engineers. This means you will have a strong say in the direction your projects take and the solutions you ship.
🔑 What you'll do
- You will own the end-to-end design process for your projects from effective problem definition, through ideation, and prototyping, ending with user-validated high-fidelity designs.
- Collaborate with, customer success, growth and sales to analyse and understand target users, their context, and the competitive landscape.
- Partner with our CPO, Lead Designer and Engineering Team to create implementable designs based on a design system and component library.
- Work closely with engineers and other partners to ensure a high-quality implementation.
- Interact with our customers and users to validate UX/UI problems and solutions using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Measure the success of your decisions with the team and iterate when needed.
- Come up with features and improvements that ship quickly and with high quality.
- Use and evolve our internal design system.
- Help to grow our design team, improve processes, and participate in broader product topics and activities.
⌨️ Who We're Looking For
- 1+ years of product design experience in an individual contributor role (experience in B2B SaaS is a bonus).
- A portfolio of well-crafted, impactful work that solves real problems for real users.
- Passion for figuring things out and relating decisions back to our users.
- Expressing ideas through visuals and prototyping (we use Figma)
- Comfortable designing for web surfaces with a focus on desktops.
- Cross-functional collaboration mindset.
- Ability to own your projects effectively from start to finish.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- 🚀 Bonus - Experience working with design systems (we use Ant Design with plans to build our own in the future).
- 🚀 Bonus - Experience in validating design solutions using qualitative and quantitative methods.
🧠 Stotles data in numbers
- 8M Procurement notices from UK & EU
- 15K UK government organisations
- 90K Government policy & strategy documents
- 180K Government contacts
- 80M Invoices published by the government bodies in UK
- 1.5M Government suppliers in UK & EU
💎 Benefits and perks
💰 Transparent and competitively benchmarked salaries
📈 Equity dependent on experience
🏥 A generous health cash plan (Covers dental, optical, physical therapy, consultations, etc.)
🎾 A personal health, wellness, and development allowance of £130/month to spend on gym memberships, therapy, yoga classes... any experience that keeps your mind and body healthy.
🏝 25 days vacation + bank holidays
📚 A dedicated learning and development budget you can use for books, conferences, courses, events
🏦 Office in Central London (Farringdon)
🏡 A hybrid working environment with 1-2 days in office and flexible work-from-home opportunities
🏠 A work-from-home setup budget of £400 you can use for these items: a keyboard, monitor, mouse, office chair, desk, headphones
🧗♀️ Monthly affectionately-termed "TeamChills™️": our in-person team-bonding socials covering anything from mini-golf, to communal taco-eating and summer picnics