Sortly is hiring a
USA - Remote
Sortly is a simple, multi-device inventory management solution. Our visual & intuitive approach to inventory enables thousands of SMBs and teams within iconic corporations, government entities, music bands & sports teams to stay on top of their consumables, assets, and material things. With over 8,000 five-star ratings in the App Store and a net promoter score greater than 55, our impressive growth has primarily been driven by organic sources and word of mouth. We are profitable, financially independent, and primed to scale within our $20B market! We are proudly a distributed and remote-first company since inception with teams across 4 countries.
Smart - We make decisions based on knowledge and understanding with the aim of creating and improving differentiated products that benefit our business and customers.
Inspiring - We embrace the spirit of entrepreneurship, taking considered risks and pushing ourselves to think boldly and creatively.
Empathetic - We are customer-centered by mission, with respect for the individual and a desire to create a great community.
Real - We seek opportunities to learn from our mistakes and successes, our colleagues and customers, and to help each other improve.
About the Role
At Sortly, we are known in the industry for our commitment to simplicity and user-friendliness. We are currently looking for a Product Designer who shares our dedication to creating customer-centric experiences and is eager to help elevate our product to new heights.
We are at a pivotal time, both for our growth as a company and as a design team, with new feature requests coming in daily. We need someone who can successfully own these small projects that will enhance the core Sortly experience across the web and mobile. Join our team, build your skills, and help us in our mission to simplify inventory! This role is remote, anywhere in the US.
- Design and prototype new user experiences for new features and products
- Communicate, research, and designs using mockups, storyboarding, visual presentations, and writing behavioral documentation
- Create creative, simple, and highly usable solutions for how products interact in response to human behavior
- Document clear, organized solutions that are highly understandable in flow, function, and status by stakeholders, engineers, and unfamiliar eyes
- Collaborate closely with software engineers and product managers of the assigned project in determining design directions and decisions
- Assist with new user interface testing and conduct usability tests to get feedback on new designs where applicable
- Iterate on designs based on feedback and data, expecting some ambiguity and change during a project
- Maintain and ensure user interface design and behavioral consistency across product types
- Continue to learn and stay up-to-date with UX/UI design trends, design tools, and prototyping methods
- Advocate for the user and deeply understand their needs
- Report the status of work clearly to stakeholders and provide visibility to designs
- Fluency in creating different types of prototypes or mock-ups using tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Portfolio that demonstrates understanding and knowledge of good user interface design (consistency, simplicity, usability) and explanations why certain decisions were made
- Excellent presentation, communication, and organizational skills
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s Degree in User Experience Design, Interactive Design, Human Factors, or Visual Design or a degree with an equivalent experience
- Experience in inventory management, asset/consumable tracking, or procurement process
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible paid time off
- Holidays and year-end holiday shutdown (total 15 days per year)
- 401(k) plan
- Yearly learning & development reimbursement
- Home office set up reimbursement
- Remote-first team
- Semi-annual off-site retreats