Rundoo is hiring a
What we're tackling 🪵
Rundoo exists to improve the marketplace for building materials. There are ~$1,000,000,000,000 of building materials bought every year in the US (a full 5% of US GDP is just transacting materials!), and the vast majority of these transactions happen over the phone or in-person and then live in 40-year-old point-of-sale (POS) systems. We aim to bring all these transactions online, thereby making it safer and more efficient to build.
Who we are 🤗
We are currently 15 people & 3 dogs. In alphabetical order:
- Amanda (Recruiting & Growth); studied marketing in De La Salle University; worked in recruiting at a few startups; loves hiking and diving! 🌲 🌊
- Andrew (CTO): studied computer science & humanities at Stanford; worked as a software engineer and head of engineering at Apple & Anova; danced with the SF ballet (where he met his wife)! 🩰
- Gemma (Andrew's puppy): woof arf woof woof bark; in the office most days! 🐶
- Emmie (SWE): studied math & computer science at Stanford; worked as a software engineer at Flexport; loves confetti cake 🧁 and almond croissants 🥐
- George (SWE): studied computer science at Stanford; worked as a software engineer at Facebook; exclusively reacts on Slack with the shaka! 🤙
- Joe (Growth): studied math & computer science at Stanford; worked as a consultant at Bain & Company; has been pulled over for speeding on a bicycle but never in a car 🚴♂️
- Max (Growth): studied neuro at Dartmouth; worked as a consultant at Bain & Company and as a PM for RabbitHole; has broken his neck exactly one time (and coincidentally has tried parkour exactly one time 🤸♀️)
- Maxxie (SWE Intern): studying computer science at University of Waterloo; worked as a SWE intern at The Home Depot, Atolio, and Pixlee TurnTo; aspiring cheese connoisseur 🧀
- Nahom (SWE): studied neuroscience & computer science at MIT; worked on Ads for Amazon Music; self-proclaimed music historian 🎵
- Brodie (Nahom's puppy): muffled paper ripping; in the office everyday! 🐩
- Nesh (SWE): studied electrical engineering at Kenyatta university; worked as a SWE at a variety of startups; big SpongeBob guy! 🧽
- Nick (CEO): studied math & computer science at Stanford; worked as a trader at Bridgewater & Citadel and as a PM at Google & Enigma; distantly related to the founder of the Hershey company! 🍫
- YB (Nick's dog): ... (he doesn't bark much lol); in the office everyday! 🐕
- Santiago (SWE): studying computer engineering at University of Waterloo; worked as SWE intern at The Cooperators, Inflight, BitBakery, Replicant; played lots of soccer, loves rap and r&b 🎧
- Shalon (SWE): studied Computer Science at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology; worked as a SWE at various startups; Rick & Morty enthusiast! 🪤
- Shloka (SWE): studied Integrative Biology at UC Berkeley (Gooo Bears 🐻); worked as an EMT and a teacher for a CS bootcamp; likes to write poetry and play chess!♟️
- Umer (SWE): studying computer science at National University of Singapore; worked as a SWE intern at Visa and an NLP chatbot startup back in Singapore; has an identical twin! 👯♂️
- Zach (Design): studied product design at Stanford; worked in design at a few startups; currently wearing socks with cocktails on them! 🍹
What we stand for ⭐️
The values we hold most dear are learning and growth through candid feedback and frequent experimentation, enjoying our time together, truly empathizing with clients (we've worked at paint stores & lumber yards!), building a diverse team, and hustling to achieve great things as fast as we can.
How we've fundraised 💰
We raised a $2 million round in April 2021 led by Kent Bennett at Bessemer, and including investments from Plug & Play, Quiet Capital, and angels. We raised a $5 million round in July 2022 led by Caitlin Bolnick Rellas at CRV and Kent from Bessemer.
What you'll achieve with us 🥇
- You'll work with customers and collaborate with product managers to define the product roadmap.
- You'll own translating product requirements into a delightful user experience.
- You'll weigh design vs technical tradeoffs with engineering to determine what is built.
- You enjoy getting to know customers and understanding their needs.
- You have a track record of designing beautiful, easy-to-use user interfaces and experiences.
- You collaborate well cross-functionally—especially with engineers and product managers.
- You are open-minded about accepting and acting on user feedback, as well as giving and receiving feedback internally with the team
- You're excited to work in-person at our office in Redwood City. At this early stage, we're all friends and enjoy being together. Even more, we think there's a magic that happens brainstorming around a whiteboard that we've failed to find working remote.
Icing on the cake 🎂
- You have worked in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are proficient in Figma.
- You have familiarity with construction and building materials.
Where we're located 🏤
Our office address is 370 Convention Way, Redwood City, CA 94063. We're a short walk from downtown Redwood City (including the Caltrain station) and right off the Whipple exit on the 101.
Benefits we provide 🩺 🌮 📈 💪 🚃 📚 🏝 🐶
- 100% covered health, dental, & vision insurance for you, 50% covered for dependents
- Lunch provided daily from local restaurants via Forkable.
- 401k provided via Betterment.
- Gym membership at Undisputed Gym across the street.
- Commuter benefits.
- Company Libro subscription for free audiobooks.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Dog-friendly office.
Yes! Please let us know if you need visa sponsorship in the application.