Optimity is hiring a
Canada - Remote
Optimity is a mission-driven insurtech startup dedicated to helping millions of people improve their quality of life to live healthier, wealthier and longer with science, rewards and gamification. Using the latest and greatest in mobile & wearable technology, data & AI, and behavioural science, our software is supporting and coaching users toward their goals in a fun, personalized, and easy-to-engage way.
We work and partner with some of the world's biggest brands in life and health insurance, loyalty points, and healthy living to deliver our award-winning health rewards programs. Right now, we’re fully remote so you can be anywhere in Canada but Toronto/GTA is preferred. Our core hours are 10am to 5PM Eastern time.
Summary of the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Product and Growth, you will own the UX/UI for our app, design lifecycle, and UX research. Within your first 90 days you will pick up existing projects and drive our UX research methodology, ensure consistency across the design function, and begin to lead to our design sprints. If this sounds like you, keep reading below!
What you’ll do
- Own design, user experience, all assets that go into the app, and company style guide
- Execute on the design life cycle involving gathering requirements, wireframing, prototyping, hi-fidelity mockups, and iterations based on internal and user feedback
- Conduct focus groups and user interviews around current or upcoming product features to gain insight to how users behave and interact with our product, and to validate our experience/make improvements
- Conduct market research on competitive products, market trends, and potential services to incorporate and solve product opportunities
What we’re looking for:
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a Product Designer within a UX function, designing for mobile and web applications
- You have experience using design tools such as Figma and Photoshop
- You have experience conducting UX research
- You love cross-functional collaboration, particularly with Engineering and Product, representing the design function
- You have experience in agile environments
What we provide for you at Optimity
- Opportunity to make your mark on our products in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that supports you to be creative, productive and grow your skills
- A product worth supporting that uses behavioural science in gamification, incentives, and the power of communities to nudge consumers to lead a healthier lifestyle
- Opportunity to work with some of the latest technologies and methodologies
- All the guidance and support you need, as well as having a significant role in how our products look and work
- Comprehensive health benefits and a focus on wellness - because that is our business!