Nodes & Links is hiring a
EU - Remote
What does Nodes & Links do?
Did you know that an ancient Roman Aqueduct had an initial cost of 12 million sesterces but ended up costing more than 30 million? Big projects have always been problematic to humanity - we want to fix that.
We make DeepTech SaaS software to help people who deal with very large projects. Basically, if someone is building a nuclear plant or a large highway, they need a special kind of software to organize and prioritise their work.
We are a team of curious minds on a mission to revolutionise the way in which complex, engineering projects are planned and delivered. Our algorithms look at the project data and provide users with previously-unattainable insights. We do so at an unprecedented speed and ease, whilst promoting collaboration and information sharing within teams.
Having secured our Series A funding ($11 million yippee 🚀), this is just the beginning 💪
TechNation thinks we are one of the best AI start-ups in the UK, Construction Tech Review says we are one of the best start-ups in in the EU/UK and Amazon views us as disruptors of the industry. We are part of University of Oxford’s Creative Destruction Lab and Entrepreneur First alumni. We recently won the ‘Risk Innovation’ award from CIR, and have been shortlisted for AI product and innovation awards at CogX and by the British Construction Industry.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-funded and ambitious start up in a dynamic and mission-driven environment, leading the growth from a start-up to a fully-fledged organisation.
You will also be helping to solve one of the oldest problems of mankind and potentially save the economy billions - not bad right? 🤘
📣What will you do in the role?
- Use data to answer questions and tell a story, so strong data visualisation skills in an enterprise environment are required
- Understand a technical product in depth and work on streamlining the UX
- Familiarize yourself with our users, their problems and figure out the best user flows to answer their questions using data
- Scrappy can-do attitude with a bias for action and a focus on impact
- The ability to clearly articulate that you are solving the right problems, have a sound rationale behind your decisions and inspire confidence in your designs
- Proven track record envisioning and building high-quality business products in strong partnerships with product management and engineering
👓We're looking for someone with:
- 3 years of experience as a Product Designer
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Experience working on Web products
- Mastery of design patterns, design systems, and prototyping
- Proficiency with Figma, Adobe XD and other design tools
- Experience in data visualisation is a plus
- Technical background is a plus
🚀We’re also excited if you have:
- Start-Up experience (VC-backed and/or at Growth stage)
🏄What if you’re a partial fit?
We prioritise grit, positivity, and drive for growth, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
UK or Remote (GMT/CET/EET time zone)
- Hard working but not workaholic
- Explorers. Data is our compass and innovation our destination
- We are independent thinkers. We are not afraid of looking where no one else is
- Team players. We believe the whole is bigger than the sum of its parts
- We have strong opinions, weakly held
- Continuously evolving the way we do things. Even our #donut dates
- Nodes & Links is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
- Besides a competitive salary, we are also proud to support you with:
- Equity options, because our success as a company is your success 💹
- Global Health Insurance
- Work with a team of rockstars. Yes - the team is that good 🚀
- Remote work budget, so you can build your perfect set up (£/€ 500 year 1 - £/€ 100 year 2) 🏠
- Personal development budget, so you can become the best version of you (£/€ 1,000 pa) 📔
- Company laptop, so you can be mobile and work with the best tech 💻
- Annual summer trip, because fun with your teammates matters 💃🏻
- Wedding/Civil Partnerships additional leave of 3 days us ❤️