Minviro is hiring a
Who is Minviro?
We’re a SaaS and consultancy start-up currently providing life cycle assessment services to the raw materials and downstream technology industries, making sure that the metals and minerals required for a low-carbon society are sourced at minimum environmental cost.
The transition to a low-carbon economy will require a significant amount of raw materials. We are passionate about ensuring these are sourced in an environmentally responsible way. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic company during its rapid growth phase, having secured private investment and both European and UK grants, whilst also tackling a fundamental societal challenge.
We doubled our size in 2022 and we have exciting growth plans for 2023.
We’re looking for a product designer to join our product team, working alongside our team of engineers and product manager to build a winning green tech product.
As the first product designer at Minviro, you’ll have the opportunity to put your stamp on how design is done at Minviro. You’ll own user research, user experience and user interface design, with bags of space to develop your ideas and skills. You’ll be supported by an experienced, user-centric senior product manager, who’ll be your day-to-day sounding board.
Minviro’s first product designer will be crucial in helping us find product-market fit, which will take close collaboration with potential customers to discover opportunities and test out ideas.
What will you be doing?
- Discovery: You’ll work closely with customers such as electric vehicle producers to understand their unmet needs, and you’ll be the voice of the customer within the company
- Ideation: Collaborate with your colleagues to come up with solutions that solve a real problem for our customers
- Testing: You’ll put ideas in front of customers in the form of concepts or prototypes and learn whether its go or no go
- Design: You’ll lead the UX and UI design of our products, putting together hi-fi mockups for the engineering team to work from
What we’re looking for (the essentials):
- You are a mid-level UX designer with 2+ years experience in user-centric product design
- You have strong knowledge of early-stage product discovery, and how to find product market fit
- You know how to design great user experiences, ideally in a SaaS, web-based context
- You’ve successfully worked with engineering teams to build your designs
- You’re excited about what we’re trying to do for the green technology sector, and can demonstrate an ability to quickly pick up technical / scientific sector knowledge
- Private medical insurance with Bupa and Babylon GP
- Bupa CashPlan
- Pension scheme with 3% employer contribution
- A brand new laptop and accessories of your choice and
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- £360 annual wellness budget (paid monthly)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Opportunities for travel
- Exciting time to join Minviro in terms of company growth and opportunities
- A hybrid-friendly work environment
- Internal social events (Wednesday lunches, monthly drinks, festive celebrations ...)