Livescore is hiring a
LiveScore Group are looking for a highly talented and experienced Product Designer to help take our market-leading sports apps and websites to the next level.
Reporting to the Lead Product Designer, this is a fantastic opportunity to help develop a user-centred design and research culture within our growing product team. You’ll play an integral part in the future development of our products and features, and the work that you produce will be used by millions of LiveScore users every week.
As a Product Designer, you will work closely with product teams, researchers, designers, and developers across all stages of the product lifecycle to produce innovative, user-centred solutions that our global userbase of loyal sports fans will love.You will have a passion for clean, cohesive and purposeful design, a strong understanding of design best practices, and use research and empathy to inform your decision making. You will drive cross-functional collaboration and will champion outcome driven design.
This role will focus on our Sports Book product, working to build the number one sports betting product. You’ll work closely with designers building the media and platform experiences to ensure a cohesive and delightful experience end to end for our users.
LiveScore Group is home to LiveScore, LiveScore Bet and Virgin Bet, three of the most exciting brands in the sports and gaming industries today. We are passionate and excited about what we do in the Sports Media, Gaming and Betting sector and are proud of the high ratings we have achieved. We live our values, aiming to enhance and increase the enjoyment of sport through innovative products and immersive experiences. Trust is important in how we work, ensuring we are a collaborative unit who holds each other accountable. Relentlessly ambitious in everything we do, we embrace change and understand that failure is part of success.
We use our platform for positive social change and work to build a company our employees are proud to work for. We have a long-term commitment to diversity and inclusion. Our I.D.E.A (Inclusion, Diversity, Equality, Awareness) Forum is critical to our business and is embedded in our organisational structure to support a sense of belonging for everyone and to create a culture that allows all employees to thrive.
We know a job description can often deter an applicant who does not believe they match 100% of our requirements. If you are interested in this position and have relevant experience, then we would still love to hear from you.
- Know the customer inside out by conducting both qualitative and quantitative research to inform design & experience decisions, and enhance company knowledge about the customer
- Deliver simple, usable, and useful designs which transcend the experience rather than focus on a single feature. You’ll bring elements of service design thinking to your solutions
- Research trends and design patterns across the product landscape both in and outside the industry, applying this knowledge to design solutions and sharing with Product Managers and fellow designers
- Work with Product Managers to help; refine the roadmap based on user needs, decide on the best solution, and break down that solution into deliverable chunks which add value to our user and the business
- Comfortable leading the way with the experience & design development of product features. Considering; information architecture, accessibility, modularity, consistency, and ethical design
- Create evidence based design solutions with justified decisions. Iterate through design proposals based on research and feedback
- Drive conversations with a variety of stakeholders to ensure alignment and considered design
- Confident using a range of different methods, such as; workshops, analysing onsite data, rapid prototyping and design critique sessions to ensure you’ve explored all possible solutions throughout your design process
- Ensure your work and recommendations balance the needs of both the business and the customer
- Evangelise product design throughout the business
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience within or a strong passion for the sport and gambling industry is essential
- Experience in a Product Designer role as part of an inhouse team
- Leadership mindset, always working to guide, share and enhance knowledge of others you work with
- Experience and confidence in conducting research & testing – interviews, face to face, industry & desk research, and user testing
- A strong focus on outcomes rather than solutions
- Inquisitive and a natural passion to ask more, dig deeper and identify true root cause
- Adaptable and agile in your way of working with the understanding that quick robust delivery is essential to ensure continuous growth
- Comfortable working through a variety of design ideas, with the understanding that there are many ways to solve a single problem
- Heavy UX skills with confidence in creating; customer segments, journey maps, story boards, user flows, and sketching
- A track record of producing user-centric, responsive, multi-device experiences; both web-based and native apps
- Comfortable using industry standard software (e.g. Figma, Axure)
- Strong communication and presenting skills; happy to present work and recommendations to large and small groups from across the business
What can we offer?
- Company Performance bonus
- Hybrid working for all staff with flexible working opportunities
- Private Healthcare scheme + Employee Enhanced Assistance
- Enhanced Family Leave - Maternity, Shared Parental & Adoption Leave: up to 6 months at full pay and 6 months at half pay. Paternity leave: up to 4 weeks at full pay
- Subsidised gym membership
- Ride to Work & Annual Travel Card loan scheme
- Life Assurance (x3 salary)
- Contributory Pension Plan
- Thursday drinks in the office and regular socials