GitLab is hiring a
As a Product Designer embedded with the Manage: Authorization and Authentication team you will be responsible for the design of key features and capabilities supporting an improved security and compliance experience for our customers. You'll work closely with the Product Manager, Engineers, UX Researchers and Technical Writers to build a design that is nice to use and fits in with the broader interface of GitLab.
What you'll do
- You'll define the product goals, roadmap, and strategy, all to solve user problems.
- You’ll work alongside UX Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers to iterate on new features within the GitLab product.
- You’ll communicate your design thinking and ideas through wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups, and hi-fidelity visual designs.
- You’ll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to succeed with their goals.
- You’ll undertake usability testing to validate your thinking. (We’ve got an excellent team of UX Researchers who can offer guidance, as needed).
- You’ll contribute to our Design System, alongside the rest of the UX team and the GitLab community as a whole.
Projects you might work on:
With the Manage: Authorization and Authentication team you’ll focus on developing several key revenue drivers including: customizable roles & permissions and enterprise user management. We work using Agile methodologies and ship features monthly.
What you'll bring
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience designing developer tools, enterprise software, or complex web applications.
- Strong experience following a user-centered or human-centered design approach, in conjunction with design thinking.
- You enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You’ve got a portfolio of work that shows us your product design skills across user research, UX strategy, wireframing, prototyping, product strategy, and visual design.
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- Ideally you’re comfortable with Frontend code. You can demonstrate this through your hands-on coding skills with HTML/CSS/JS, or by showing us you have a deep understanding of the needs of engineers you’ve worked with previously.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
About the team
We support the business of GitLab by becoming experts in our stage group, educating ourselves about the entire product, and staying engaged with user and business goals. We partner closely with our stable counterparts in Product Management and Development. As Product Designers, we are the owners of design judgment. We start with a problem to solve and always first consider what the best experience for the user would be.