Foodsmart is hiring a
USA - Remote
We are the world’s largest telenutrition and foodcare solution, backed by a national network of Registered Dietitians and designed to yield consistently healthier food choices, lasting behavior change and long-term results. Foodsmart’s highly personalized, digital platform guides members through a personalized journey to eating well while saving them time and money. Foodsmart seamlessly integrates dietary assessments and nutrition counseling with online food ordering and cost-effective meal planning for the whole family that makes the most of ingredients at home and on the go. With national and regional retail partners across the US now accepting SNAP/EBT, Foodsmart helps bring healthier food within reach to eligible members and can also assist with SNAP enrollment.
Founded in 2010 by CEO Jason Langheier, MD, MPH, Foodsmart has supported over 1.5 million members from over 700 health plan, employer and health system clients, and raised over $70 million in funding from leading strategic and venture investors like Advocate Aurora Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts, Seventure (Natixis), Mayfield and Founder Collective.
Learn more at www.foodsmart.com
About the role:
As our founding Product Designer, you will be responsible for designing all new features at Foodsmart, as well as improvements to the overall UX experience. Using UX design methodologies grounded in empathy for our users, you’ll work with PMs to understand product requirements and create complete design specs for engineers to build. You thrive in a collaborative environment, adept at communicating your ideas effectively to cross-functional teams. Your expertise in rapid prototyping, user research, and usability testing enables you to deliver successful user experiences.
- Create user-centric designs by understanding business requirements, user journeys, and usability findings.
- Translate concepts into wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design graphic user interface elements such as menus, tabs, forms, and widgets.
- Develop and maintain design wireframes, mockups, and specifications as needed.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback to optimize the design.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
- Ready to work in a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous, startup environment
- Excited to explore the world of food and healthcare while working with your team to chart a simple path for our users through it
- Not afraid of a challenge. You welcome constructive criticism and new perspectives. You interrogate product requirements and look beyond the obvious
- Comfortable using quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform your design decisions
- Skilled at combining creativity and analysis to propose solutions and identify edge cases
- Experienced in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Strong at user-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability, and accessibility concerns.
- Strong visual design skills with good understanding of user-system interaction.
- 3+ years of experience designing web applications that have shipped.
- Strong portfolio showcasing proficiency in design software and an understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Deep familiarity with desktop and mobile web app interaction patterns.
- Readiness to work in a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous startup environment.
- Proficiency in design software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
About our Benefits:
- Remote-First Company
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible & remote location (Bay Area preferred)
- Healthcare Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k, bonus, & stock options
- Commuter benefit
- Gym reimbursement