Embroker is hiring a
Canada - Remote
Who we are at Embroker
Embroker is the radically simple destination for industry-tailored commercial insurance. Our mission is to make it radically easier for businesses to get the right coverage at the best price. With a technology-first, customer-centric approach, Embroker is changing how businesses protect themselves, their staff, and their customers. In 2015, Embroker has raised over $150M in funding from leading fintech investors.
POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY IN CANADA.
BASE SALARY $97,000-154,000 CAD
The value of this position
The Embroker Design team (UX) team is responsible for designing a magical experience for our customers. We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data-driven, and iterative. In this role, you will create, iterate, and evolve experiences that our customers will love. You will work across the organization to make strategic experience decisions and run the design process on key initiatives. You will be a key part in leading and championing a human-centered design process and culture.
What you will own in this role
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers and brokers through customer research
- Design interfaces and interactions that are elegant, accessible, intuitive, and delightful
- Create, test and iterate the information architecture, wireframes, user journeys and work closely to bring the features to life with the other UX designers and engineers
- Ideate and validate the UX design
- Create impactful solutions that are aligned with our brand and push our strategy
- Minimize investment risks by testing solutions and validate assumptions early
- Champion a Human-Centered process
- Leverage research insights and communicate design solutions to inform product direction across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
Create, evolve and maintain our design principles
- 2+ years of relevant digital design experience
Education and/or Certifications
- BA or equivalent degree in a design related field is preferred.
- A portfolio is required and must be available for review at time of application
- 5+ year proven track record of designing, implementing and delivering seamless digital product experiences
- Advanced fluency in Figma or other wireframing, prototyping, and user interface tools
- Have passion for the problem, and empathy for the users and an insatiable desire to help users succeed.
- Embrace the swift changes and ambiguity in start-up growth phases.
- Research, research, research. No game-changing software experience was ever produced by mistake. Seek out compelling evidence for your decisions, and adapt quickly to new customer needs in support of innovative programs.
- You don’t take claims at face value and seek to test the hunches you develop.
- Structured and methodical work style, developing artifacts that are easy for your partners and collaborators to understand and build from.
- Clear and succinct communication practices - verbally and in writing
- Bring taste and discerning design judgment, but always favor simplicity and usability over aesthetic refinement.
- Stellar visual and interaction design skills based on accessibility and industry best practices
- Interest in new frontiers of designing for behavior change
- Design language system design library experience a plus