Disco is hiring a
NA - Remote
Built for the learning community leaders of our time, Disco is the purpose-built platform that enables entrepreneurs to build, operate, and scale the learning communities of the future. With its evolving set of tools, Disco provides everything this new breed of modern school requires to deliver world-class learning experiences, grow an engaged community, showcase their premium brand, and save time on operations. Today, leaders in the space, including Dribbble, BatteryMBA, allWomen Tech, and more, are building and growing thriving learning businesses on Disco. Founded by serial entrepreneurs Candice Faktor (ex-Wattpad) and Chris Sukornyk (ex-Chango) and backed by world-leading investors including GSV Ventures & iNovia capital, Disco is pioneering the modern learning revolution. Learn more at Disco.co. We are a remote-first team and are bringing together the best and brightest humans who have a shared purpose to reimagine learning. If our values align with yours, come join us on our mission!
About the Role
In your role as a Product Designer at Disco you'll be working closely with a fast-moving product team to build a next-generation learning platform empowering operators to re-shape the future of education. You'll have the opportunity to speak with leading learning community leaders to unlock opportunity areas for the product that remove friction and deliver authentic value, helping them build their online learning empire. You’ll own the end-to-end design process, from research, ideation to launch in order to deliver delightful design solutions for creators and learners that work for the business.
- Execute a full-lifecycle design process, which includes research, project shaping, idea refinement, building and learning.
- Conceptualize and create impactful, well-thought-out design solutions under tight deadlines that deliver authentic value to creators, learners and the business.
- Align quantitative and qualitative insights to drive business outcomes.
- Present designs to the product team and other stakeholders to incorporate feedback into polished final deliverables that effectively test hypotheses and meet project goals.
- Work with and contribute to a rapidly growing design system.
- Build a human-centric design culture at Disco that is conscious of our impact and intentional in our designs for a net positive impact in the world.
We are looking for a creative, ambitious and multidisciplinary go-getter for this role - someone who loves to be customer-centric, data-influenced and can work in a fast-paced environment while balancing speed with quality. You're constantly thinking about the user, the business and the technology to find unique solutions that re-image an emerging market
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Experience Level: Junior-Intermediate (1-5 years of industry experience).
- Strong online portfolio that demonstrates your abilities as a product designer.
- Understanding of foundational product design principles and processes.
- Ability to own the end-to-end design process, from initial research and discovery, ideation, to building high fidelity prototypes using Figma.
- Basic understanding of front-end development frameworks for effective communication with engineering.
- A strong understanding of the research and testing methods required to develop customer empathy and validate ideas.
- Can juggle multiple projects at once while balancing speed with quality.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to both work collaboratively with a cross-functional team and solve problems independently in an agile environment.
- Takes a human-centric approach to crafting design solutions that are desirable, functional and inclusive.
- Has a growth mindset and is motivated by continuous learning.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote office setup bonus — work in a way you can thrive.
- New state-of-the-art laptop.
- Lifelong learning budget to take courses to grow and develop.
- Twice a year in-person meetups to get to know the team!
- Competitive health and wellness benefits.
- People First - We put people first- our team, our customers, our community. We strive to create a sense of belonging and inclusion. We create a remote first culture that gives our team the space to be their best selves. We build products with deep empathy for the people who use them.
- Create a Better World - We want our impact to be net positive in the world. We are intentional with how our learning platform, culture, and choices impact people + planet.
- Growth Mindset - We value a growth mindset and are all lifelong learners. We learn by doing: test, iterate, reflect, learn.
- Pursuit of Excellence - We humbly pursue our own excellence in all we do and collectively are committed to building a world class platform for our customers.
- Embrace the Journey - We strive to make work enjoyable and meaningful for our people. We recognize that the journey to success is not easy and we embrace doing hard things as it creates tremendous growth and learning for all. We embrace transparency, simplicity, and speed.
- Resourceful - We solve problems with creativity and curiosity to unlock solutions to the challenges we face. We strive to do more with less. We recognize our customers need to do the same and we build products that help them be resourceful too.