Acryl Data is hiring a
USA - Remote
At Acryl, we are focused on developing cutting-edge solutions for monitoring and visualizing metrics related to datasets and tables within organizations. Our goal is to empower businesses to develop and maintain a reliable and compliant data ecosystem. We are looking for a talented product designer to join our team on a contract basis, working to working closely with customers and our co-founding engineer and customers on whole new product to help shape how the world works with data!
We're looking for a Product Designer to take charge of designing a cutting-edge product for our early-stage SaaS company. Your role will involve collaborating with a founding engineer, product, sales, and customer success teams to establish a compelling UX that aligns with our existing product. With your expertise and creativity, you'll help define what success looks like in this new space and bring innovative solutions to the table.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with the product team, customers, and stakeholders to understand user requirements, pain points, and expectations
- Create and iterate on wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs that effectively address user needs and product requirements
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale, and specifics of the user-centered design process
- Design user research and usability studies, collect and react to user feedback
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics
- Work closely with the development team to define UX and UI requirements that create a consistent experience throughout the product
- Continuously seek to improve the product by staying up-to-date on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies
- Have a portfolio that showcases your design process, thinking & execution (data visualizations, web app, and accessibility designs are a nice to haves)
- Strong understanding of UX principles, design thinking, and user-centered design methodologies
- Are a self-starter who actively seeks the “why”
- Can work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Know how to navigate through the unknown.
- Demand to understand customer’s needs and test the success of your designs
- Embrace iterative development.
- Demand a collaborative environment and are very comfortable working with engineering.
- Are a solid communicator possessing strong presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Pay exceptional attention to detail and ability to empathize with users to understand their core needs
- Have a portfolio that showcases your design process, thinking & execution (data visualizations, responsive web, and accessibility designs are a nice to have)
- Knowledge and efficiency with UI design tools - Figma preferred
- 3+ years professional experience designing web applications
- Experience conducting user testing and analyzing results to inform design decisions
- Experience with data visualization tools such as D3.js, Tableau, or Power BI
- Understanding of data visualization best practices
- Familiarity with modern data engineering tools like Looker, Airflow, dbt, Snowflake, Spark
- A mix of in-house and agency experience
Please note this is a six-month contract role