Livescore is hiring a
Lead Product Designer
LiveScore Group are looking for a highly talented and experienced Lead Product Designer to help take our market-leading sports apps and websites to the next level.
Reporting to the Head of Experience Design & Research, this is a fantastic opportunity to help develop a user-centred design and research culture within our growing product team. You’ll play an integral part in the future development of our products and features, and the work that you produce will be used by millions of LiveScore users every week.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will work closely with product teams, researchers, designers, and developers across all stages of the product lifecycle to produce innovative, user-centred solutions that our global userbase of loyal sports fans will love.
You will have a passion for clean, cohesive and purposeful design, a strong understanding of UX best practices, user research, and empathy to inform your decision making. You will drive cross-functional collaboration and will champion outcome driven design.
This role will focus on our Casino and Free To Play games, which span LiveScore Media and LiveScore Bet products. This is a core growth area for the business and requires someone who can drive forward a strong design direction, whilst pushing boundaries and bringing new experiences to an industry which tends to be quite samey. You’ll work closely with the other designer leads to build a cohesive and delightful experience, end to end for all our users.
LiveScore Group is home to LiveScore, LiveScore Bet and Virgin Bet, three of the most exciting brands in the sports and gaming industries today. We are passionate and excited about what we do in the Sports Media, Gaming and Betting sector and are proud of the high ratings we have achieved. We live our values, aiming to enhance and increase the enjoyment of sport through innovative products and immersive experiences. Trust is important in how we work, ensuring we are a collaborative unit who holds each other accountable. Relentlessly ambitious in everything we do, we embrace change and understand that failure is part of success.
We use our platform for positive social change and work to build a company our employees are proud to work for. We have a long-term commitment to diversity and inclusion. Our I.D.E.A (Inclusion, Diversity, Equality, Awareness) Forum is critical to our business and is embedded in our organisational structure to support a sense of belonging for everyone and to create a culture that allows all employees to thrive.
We know a job description can often deter an applicant who does not believe they match 100% of our requirements. If you are interested in this position and have relevant experience, then we would still love to hear from you.
- Drive conversations with stakeholders, to align on requirements and incorporate them into the product design process, through workshops and critiques.
- Help define and implement design tools and processes to speed up and simplify workflow, with the goal of building out a highly effective and efficient product design team.
- Strive to maintain design and experience standards across the team and throughout the business. Think with a service design mindset.
- Seek opportunities and encourage your team to run design critiques, share knowledge and collaborate.
- Manage and mentor other designers in the team
- Work closely with engineers to explore the scope of feasibility, pushing boundaries to ensure we are always putting the UX at the forefront of product development decisions
- Define, with your Product Lead, the overall direction for the experience of the Media product, in line with the product vision. Be able to communicate this and bring it to life in real designs you and your team produce.
- Keep the highest standards for yourself and your team when it comes to delivery – how we deliver works, how we tell the story, which artifacts we use to portray the experience, and within a reasonable timeframe.
- Know the customer inside out by conducting both qualitative and quantitative research to inform design & experience decisions, and enhance company knowledge about the customer
- Research trends and design patterns across the product landscape both in and outside the industry, applying this knowledge to design solutions and sharing with Product Managers and fellow designers
- Comfortable leading the way with the experience & design development of product features. Considering; information architecture, accessibility, modularity, consistency, creativity, and ethical design
- Experienced in using a range of different methods, such as; workshops, analysing data, rapid prototyping and design critique sessions to ensure you’ve explored all possible solutions throughout your design process
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Passion for sports and particularly football is a plus
- Experience with gamified experiences is essential
- Experience in a Lead Product Designer role as part of an inhouse team
- A strong focus on outcomes rather than solutions
- Inquisitive and a natural passion to ask more, dig deeper and identify true root cause. Always using imitative and driving things forward
- Adaptable and agile in your way of working with the understanding that quick robust delivery is essential to ensure continuous growth
- Comfortable working through a variety of design ideas, with the understanding that there are many ways to solve a single problem
- Heavy UX skills with confidence in creating; customer segments, journey maps, story boards, user flows, and sketching
- A track record of producing user-centric, responsive, multi-device experiences; both web-based and native apps
- Comfortable using industry standard software (e.g. Figma, Axure)
- Outstanding communication and presenting skills; happy to present work and recommendations to large and small groups from across the business
What can we offer?
- Company Performance bonus
- Hybrid working for all staff with flexible working opportunities
- Private Healthcare scheme + Employee Enhanced Assistance
- Enhanced Family Leave - Maternity, Shared Parental & Adoption Leave: up to 6 months at full pay and 6 months at half pay. Paternity leave: up to 4 weeks at full pay
- Subsidised gym membership
- Ride to Work & Annual Travel Card loan scheme
- Life Assurance (x3 salary)
- Contributory Pension Plan
- Thursday drinks in the office and regular socials