Grammarly is hiring a
Lead Product Designer
NA - Remote
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to join the Core Product team. This role involves collaborating with cross-functional partners across EPD to shape the product and design experiences for a key area of our product. The ideal candidate will possess expertise as a design lead, gain insight into our customers' needs, and craft intuitive flows that empower them to navigate our products with ease and confidence. To excel in this role, the candidate should work across the entire product development lifecycle, consider user empathy a critical part of the process, and have a growth mindset.
- Create and prototype experiences that effectively communicate complex concepts.
- Regularly validate or debunk your assumptions by putting your work in front of users.
- Produce highly detailed visuals that adhere to Grammarly's design system standards and are well-documented to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Work closely with colleagues from various departments to establish a product strategy, better understand our users, and create delightful experiences for individuals with diverse abilities and needs.
- Contribute at a strategic level to long-term planning and quarterly roadmaps.
- Participate in and lead user interviews and research to understand user needs better.
- Mentor team members, helping them develop and grow in their craft.
- Shape the design team’s culture meaningfully through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has a portfolio showcasing a systematic approach to designing end-to-end experiences that serve user needs and business goals.
- Is proactive about setting and achieving goals.
- Feels confident and enthusiastic about serving as a knowledgeable representative of our design team and users when engaging with stakeholders from other functional areas.
- Assists in achieving consensus and driving projects to completion.
- Enjoys the process of brainstorming solutions as much as in the solutions themselves.
- Thrives on tackling user problems that significantly impact our key metrics, including leading discussions that help us achieve our goals and designing with a strategic and holistic mindset.
- Has excellent communication skills, can effectively communicate the reasoning behind decisions, and is comfortable presenting to diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities