Accurx is hiring a
Lead Product Designer
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2022 summer conference!
Life as a Lead Product Designer at Accurx
We are dedicated to creating exceptional user experiences and driving forward the design culture within Accurx. With a rapidly expanding team and exciting projects that will benefit all healthcare professionals and patients, you’ll have the chance to effect change both internally and externally.
Rapid Growth and Market Penetration: In 2023, we find ourselves at an exciting juncture. Having attained 98% adoption across GP Practises in England, Accurx is now into the next big stage of the journey: expanding our software further into hospitals. It's a key step in reaching our goal of establishing one simple, easy-to-use communication platform for people across healthcare. To do this, we're partnering with acute trusts to help them tackle their waiting lists and increasing the value we provide to our GP users. The Design team, which has doubled in size over the last 12 months, is crucial to achieving these goals.
- Positive Impact: By joining our team, you will have the chance to make a tangible difference in the healthcare industry. We are dedicated to developing innovative solutions that improve communication for healthcare professionals and patients. Your contributions will directly impact the lives of patients, improving their overall healthcare experience.
- Continuous Improvement and Growth: We have a strong culture of constantly improving our products and processes. As one of the senior members of the team, you will be encouraged to bring your ideas, expertise, and creativity to the table. We value individuals who are keen to explore new approaches, test innovative ideas, and collaborate with others to drive positive change. This is the perfect environment for you to contribute to the growth and evolution of our company while shaping the future of healthcare technology.
- Exciting Challenges and Projects: As a Lead Product Designer, you will not only manage a team of talented designers but also be embedded within one of our product area. This structure allows you to gain valuable insights into the context and challenges of our products. You will have the opportunity to test and implement new processes, work closely with cross-functional teams to iterate on design processes and solutions. This hands-on experience will further enrich your professional growth and broaden your skill set.
In this role you will:
As the Lead Product Designer, you will play a crucial role in leading and managing a team of talented designers. You will report directly to the Head of Design and collaborate closely with other cross-functional leads to ensure the successful delivery of outstanding product design solutions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Line managing 3 designers within the Design team, which comprises 13 product designers and 1 brand designer.
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and support to help other designers grow professionally and achieve their goals.
- Collaborating with the Head of Design and other Lead Designers to establish and implement design strategies, processes, and best practices.
- Working closely with other design leaders to co-ordinate feature releases and product development in a consistent and considered manner
- Supporting the Design Community by organising regular Design team days to foster collaboration, share knowledge, and strengthen the design culture.
- Overseeing a design working group, such as the Design System working group, where designers collaborate to improve processes and contribute to the overall design community
- Actively participating in building and improving design culture, processes, and ways of working across the organisation.
- Joining one of the product area to gain insights into the context and challenges, and testing and implementing new processes and ways of working.
- Demonstrating the value of new approaches, iterating on ideas, and inspiring others to embrace change.
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- Previous experience in a line management role within a design team, ideally as a Design Lead or Senior Product Designer.
- Strong expertise in user-centered design principles, user experience design, interaction design and product strategy.
- A proven ability to mentor and manage a team of designers, fostering their growth and development.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in organising team events, workshops, or design-related activities is a plus.
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions.
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Salary & Benefits package:
- £80,000 - £100,000 salary + meaningful share options
- Flexible working including core hours and up to 2 days remote working per week
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.