Vira Health is hiring a
Junior Product Designer
About Vira Health
Vira Health is a London-based digital health company focused on relief for the central pain points of menopause. Our ultimate goal is to decrease the long-term disability suffered by women due to osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease and dementia, through better care at menopause. Our first product, Stella, is aimed at end-to-end menopause care for women. Our services are offered through employers to their employees via a voucher code for our free online assessment. At the end of the assessment she will be offered a variety of treatment options to help manage her symptoms. Treatments range from our Stella app, which helps manage a range of menopausal symptoms through personalised and evidence-based treatment plans, through to HRT and online doctors appointments.
About your role
We are looking for a Junior Digital Product Designer to work with our team based out of London. Reporting into our Head of Design, you will work closely in an agile squad consisting of designers, researchers, engineers, marketeers and clinicians to own the end-to-end digital design of the Stella assessment online in the UK and US.
The design choices that you make each day will help Stella stand out amongst the Femtech crowd of products and help us achieve our goal of becoming the most widely prescribed digital aid for women experiencing the menopause. You will be empathetic in your approach and constantly on the lookout for ways to improve our design and user experience.
We are scaling fast and whilst the below gives you a great understanding of your role and responsibilities, you can expect to get involved in more.
As Junior Digital Product Designer at Vira Health you will:
- Be user-centric and business minded; applying best-in-class design practices to match people's needs with what is possible from a technical perspective
- Be working across the product life cycle teams from research, ux, design and through to development and QA
- Bring solid design skills and creative thinking to our team
- Be able to interpret data (from research and analytics teams) to iterate on Stella's products and features
- Be someone who enjoys influencing the direction of our brand as much as defining our design challenges and potential solutions
- Collaborate and communicate with the team; backing up your decisions with strong rationale to support your thinking and approach
- Be flexible in your approach and happy working alone as a designer as well as with others across the team
- Be hands-on and thrive in a fast-paced, iterative start-up environment - we are a collaborative team which values strong connections
- Be mentored and grow in your role as a designer. We take personal and professional development seriously and you will be part of a supportive, empowering, working environment
- Some commercial design experience with skills in Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Budding skills in motion design (Adobe Premiere / After Effects) are a definite bonus
- A solid understanding of UX and UI principles and best practices
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to an evolving brand vision
- You must submit your portfolio or portfolio link with your application. Please include passwords!
Our company values
Vira is a new company and the people we are looking for are excited about being part of something big and bold from the very beginning. We have a starter-set of values that underpin everything we do. We look forward to telling you more about these.
- Serious topics deserve serious solutions. Women deserve products built on the best science and technology available.
- Good ideas can come from anywhere. Our processes encourage participation from everyone and decision making is clear and communicated.
- We have a big vision and need to move quickly. We all have specific jobs to do, but the growth and success of Vira is everyone’s responsibility.
- We exist in complex and intersecting communities. Our team and our products should reflect the diversity of the world around us.
- Work is not your entire life but it is a big part of your life. We want to create a warm and supportive environment where people have fun and excel.
- Our bar for quality is high. We are trying to do something that is really hard and really matters, and that means we expect you to perform at your best.
- We are driven, we value creative problem solving and we support our employees to make the most out of their role and stretch themselves more than they ever thought possible.
- A commitment to adapting how we work to fit a variety of new and existing needs; we are hybrid so flexibility is really important to us
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance, including mental health and physiotherapists as well as telemedicine consultations (UK only)
- Your choice of tech equipment - whatever you need to get the job done
- Wednesday yoga with the team
- Enrolment in Vira Pension scheme (UK only)
- An environment where your personal development is really important
- Eyecare vouchers
- £250 to set up your home office if working remotely
- Cycle to Work scheme (UK only)