Snap is hiring a
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company’s three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and it’s AR glasses, Spectacles.
The Product team uses creativity, insights, and operational excellence to steer our product vision across Snap Inc. This team of designers, scientists, and product managers work in a highly collaborative environment to build the products and experiences that bring our community together in new and special ways. This team supports every aspect of our Monetization Organization across Ads Manager, Business Manager, Commerce, Measurement Solutions, and our Native Advertising Formats.
We’re looking for an Interface Designer, Design Systems to join our Monetization Product team at Snap!
What You’ll Do
- Create, evangelize and execute a vision for the visual future of Snapchat.
- Develop and maintain UI components, patterns, and guidelines for a cohesive user experience.
- Create and manage design documentation, including libraries, style guides, and patterns.
- Simplify complex design challenges while adhering to established principles.
- Perform design audits and reviews to ensure alignment with our system and brand guidelines.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in design systems and advocate for their integration into our processes.
- Mentor junior designers; foster a culture of design excellence.
- Collaborate in critiques, brainstorming, and cross-functional workshops to drive innovation.
- Cultivate strong relationships with product, engineering, and design teams, influencing product direction.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong understanding of design systems, design thinking, and user-centered design principles.
- Experience in creating and maintaining design components and pattern libraries.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a passion for delivering pixel-perfect design assets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate design decisions and high level strategy clearly.
- Refined taste in art and an eye for design.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a design role with a focus on design systems.
- Experience using Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or other design tools
- A strong portfolio showcasing your design work and demonstrating a high level of composition, typography, layout, and concepting
- Experience developing and documenting cohesive visual systems
- Knowledge of product design process
- Brand / Agency design experience is a plus
- Knowledge of product strategy
- Knowledge of basic development practices
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC): The base salary range for this position is $165,000 - $230,000 annually
- Zone B: The base salary range for this position is $157,000 - $219,000 annually
- Zone C: The base salary range for this position is $140,000 - $196,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs.
Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!